Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little disheartening to see people who ordered their MY after me (3/5) to be receiving VIN’s, and taking deliveries shortly after! Even people in the same area as me! I know I’m just being impatient, but has anyone experienced such? LR MY AWD, Solid Black, Black Interior, Induction Wheels, Autopilot. Let me know your experiences!
Same boat, Bay Area (east bay, ordered through Dublin SC), white/black 7 seat LR ordered/completed profile 3/4 and no movement at all on this end. Been badgering my SA/SC and have always just been told that they're "on track" for delivery this month. shrug.

Same boat, Bay Area (east bay, ordered through Dublin SC), white/black 7 seat LR ordered/completed profile 3/4 and no movement at all on this end. Been badgering my SA/SC and have always just been told that they're "on track" for delivery this month. shrug.
Good to know that I’m not the only one in the Bay Area experiencing this. Fingers crossed that you get some update soon!

Reactions: Jemblue7my
A little disheartening to see people who ordered their MY after me (3/5) to be receiving VIN’s, and taking deliveries shortly after! Even people in the same area as me! I know I’m just being impatient, but has anyone experienced such? LR MY AWD, Solid Black, Black Interior, Induction Wheels, Autopilot. Let me know your experiences!
It's because we scheduled pickup in Fremont.
Also I wouldn't compare 5-seater deliveries to 7-seater deliveries.

I feel you - I ordered 3/1, got my VIN and delivery date for 3/13 but then got faked out and told there's a service hold for missing badges. After many calls and little information given, I found out they fixed the badging issue but it's now delayed again because wiring in a door needs to be replaced. :( super disappointed with the communication & transparency from Tesla but trying to patient.

I dont know how the queue works. Maybe they build them all in one color before moving on to a different one. I had the same experience. But Nothing I can do about it tho.

Ordered 3/4...MY LR AWD, Black Paint, Black Interior, 20" Induction, 5-seat, no tow hitch, no FSD...I will admit to having to order through Enterprise Fleet Mgmt - which means they control ordering so I NEVER saw a VIN but I'm dying a slow death waiting for sure...I may get a car this weekend... in SoCal. You guys are keeping my head above water!

Reactions: Ssmithmatungol
I ordered one day before you with exact same spec and now I’m getting delivery to my home tomorrow or Saturday.

I’m not sure how they decide all this as it definitely seems to be all over the place

I delayed the pickup of my MY LR last week because I wasn't home. Tesla couldn't push the pick-up date a few days so they had to release my VIN for someone else that could pick up sooner. I specified certain dates this week that I could pick up.

I got a text yesterday to schedule a pick-up for this week and of course the two available dates are not the dates I specified and I'm working on both of the available dates. I called the SC to see if I could get other dates +/- 1 day from the available dates and the SA said she would have to check and call back.

Interesting though, she did say the vehicle just arrived yesterday, but there was a "hold" on the account. I asked if the hold was something on my end, if there was something I needed to complete. She said it was on their end, and that they needed to make all of the necessary inspections before delivery. I'm curious if the "hold" was the missing Tesla badges a few members have referenced that held up their deliveries.

Weird.....

I received my VIN on 3/10 with a home delivery date of 3/13. I made my ACH payment on 3/11 and signed my loan docs online, in preparation of getting my car in a couple of days. I got a call from the delivery center on 3/12 saying my delivery would have to be pushed back a week (which I mentioned in a previous post). Ok fine, no problem. I could wait since I'm not in any hurry to get it, but excited to still get it. My account then showed a 3/20 delivery between 9am-6pm.

Well yesterday (3/17), my VIN has been removed from my account and the estimated delivery now says 1-2 weeks (wtf?). I called the delivery center to find out what was happening with my delivery, and they confirmed that no VIN is assigned to me and that my SA would need to find out what's going on. They also said that I no longer have a delivery date assigned to me.

In a way, I'm not mad since I don't need the car right now if my order is delayed. However, I'm finding it very frustrating to that I keep hearing that my SA needs to take care of this. When I asked who this person was and why I was assigned to them (since I placed my order online and never went into the store to work with anybody), both the delivery center and a Tesla rep both told me that you're assigned to a SA at the store closest to your location. The SA that I was assigned to is MIA and doesn't return any messages left either by me or messages sent by his co-workers.

I'll see if my account miraculously updates by tomorrow or this weekend, but I have a feeling things may not be looking too good.

I GOT MY CAR! On 3/15 the website updated with a deliver date of 3/18 and it was going to be delivered to my house. I called and asked if I was able to pick it up and they said it would be on the 17th. I got a call yesterday 3/16 and it was a Tesla advisor asking if I wanted to pick up the car the same day. Wishing 2 hours I got the email that my car was ready for me to pick it up at the Fremont location.

I got to enjoy it yesterday and drive it around but I dropped it off this morning to have it stealth wrapped. I should be picking it up within 2-3 days. Have so much planned for it and really excited to be a part of get Tesla family. I can't wait! View attachment 645511

The VIN just appeared in my account this morning!
VIN: 146XXX
Config: MY LR AWD 5 Seater (Silver)
Estimated Delivery: March 18 - March 21

What's strange is I still can't get a quote for Tesla insurance or make any final payments?
I was able to set a pickup date and get a quote for Tesla insurance but no final paper work yet

Reactions: Jemblue7my
My friend’s home delivery/drop off experience in San Diego, CA...

Near perfect! No gaps, paint was great, everything works, interior clean!

Ordered March 12,got VIN assigned March 14, delivery confirmation March 15, delivered March 18

*Appointment set for drop off 4-6pm...car dropped off in driveway around noon
*VIN 146xxx
*Black exterior & black interior. No FSd, Gemini wheels, no tow hitch, 5-seater.
*Used CVAP grant as part of down payment, went through Tesla (Wells Fargo) financing 2.49%, no Tesla insurance
*”old” headlights, new console, auto dimming mirrors, usb drive in glove compartment, metal scroll wheels, dual pane/laminated front driver & drivers windows, heated steering wheel, same material for door/window controls as center console (no shiny piano black)

Now I’m kind of jealous but super happy for him! His Model Y came out cheaper, have more features, got delivered directly to his house and had zero issues that needed a service appointment for! Tesla has definitely made huge improvements since getting my car in October 2020.

Looking forward to helping my friend in National City get the White Model Y for his wife & hopefully the Cyber Truck is ready this year so my brother & I could get it.

Last edited:
My friend’s home delivery/drop off experience in San Diego, CA...

Near perfect! No gaps, paint was great, everything works, interior clean!

Ordered March 12,got VIN assigned March 14, delivery confirmation March 15, delivered March 18

*Appointment set for drop off 4-6pm...car dropped off in driveway around noon
*VIN 146xxx
*Black exterior & black interior. No FSd, Gemini wheels, no tow hitch, 5-seater.
*Used CVAP grant as part of down payment, went through Tesla (Wells Fargo) financing 2.49%, no Tesla insurance
*”old” headlights, new console, auto dimming mirrors, usb drive in glove compartment, metal scroll wheels, dual pane/laminated front driver & drivers windows, heated steering wheel, same material for door/window controls as center console (no shiny piano black)

Now I’m kind of jealous but super happy for him! His Model Y came out cheaper, have more features, got delivered directly to his house and had zero issues that needed a service appointment for! Tesla has definitely made huge improvements since getting my car in October 2020.

Looking forward to helping my friend in National City get the White Model Y for his wife & hopefully the Cyber Truck is ready this year so my brother & I could get it.
Interesting, didn't know you could use the CVAP grant as part of the down payment! Was this through the Carlsbad service center? I just picked mine up yesterday and still have to go through that process.