Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. Here is my order info.

Y, 5 Seat, White Exterior, Black Interior, 20" Wheels, No Hitch, No FSD
Ordered Mar 13th
Vin Date Mar 19th 157xxx
Final Payment Mar 19th
Est Deliver Mar 21-24

Picking up at Buena Park
Pickup scheduled Mar 22nd.

Tesla Insurance beat AAA by $780/yr for WAYYYY more coverage.
AAA quote with full coverage, $1k deductible, 15/30 (yeah, just 15/30), with uninsured $2780/yr
Tesla 100/300, $1k deduct, with uninsured $2k/yr

Reactions: Ssmithmatungol
Pickup scheduled Mar 22nd.

Tesla Insurance beat AAA by $780/yr for WAYYYY more coverage.
AAA quote with full coverage, $1k deductible, 15/30 (yeah, just 15/30), with uninsured $2780/yr
Tesla 100/300, $1k deduct, with uninsured $2k/yr
hmm I'm getting different numbers with AAA. I also have their home, auto, umbrella policy.

I'm getting $212 Tesla only for 6 months guaranteed. 100/500, $500 deduct, uninsured $500k which is about $2544 a year

For AAA for the year we have for 2 vehicles but when we add the Tesla and we did the same stuff and are getting $2100 per year

Was suppose to have Home Delivery today - SA called me to tell me Vehicle hasn't made it to the Burbank Service Center and will now be scheduled for Monday delivery, possibly Tuesday. I am about 18 miles away from Burbank lot and asked if I could pick it up once it arrives, was told that anything with 30miles are being driven by Tesla Delivery to home. Kinda bummed that I wont be the first driver but in any event the car is almost here!

Reactions: Ssmithmatungol
hmm I'm getting different numbers with AAA. I also have their home, auto, umbrella policy.

I'm getting $212 Tesla only for 6 months guaranteed. 100/500, $500 deduct, uninsured $500k which is about $2544 a year

For AAA for the year we have for 2 vehicles but when we add the Tesla and we did the same stuff and are getting $2100 per year
I've got Home, Auto, and Umbrella with AAA as well. Thought the muti-policy multi-veh would rate better. Shocked it didn't/doesn't.

The build month and year is required on the build plate on the drivers door jamb. All cars, not just Tesla.
Notice to those who care: There is no "build plate" on the drivers door jamb on my new MY. None. None on any door jamb either or on any door, frunk or trunk. I know what you are talking about. Every other car of mine has one but not this one. Still wondering why.

CORRECTION: I found it. It's below the B column facing out, down low near the hinge to the second row door.

Last edited:
Got my VIN today! 151XXX
Picking up in Costa Mesa. Waiting for them to schedule delivery

Estimated Delivery: 3/22-3/25

Ordered 2/26
White/White
LR
No FSD or tow hitch
Induction wheels
My date changes again to 3/20 - 3/24. So I called the Costa Mesa location and was able
To schedule a pickup on 3/25. Right after the call, my account was updated with the pickup location, date, and time.
He did say that my car was arriving tonight from Fremont and that they’ll have to do their inspection before I can pick it up, but at least I can rest now knowing a delivery date is confirmed! 👍

quick question to those that just took delivery. What's the average no. of days for a "base config" MY LW AWD from order to delivery? We're talking like white/black, 5 seater, no tow, no FSD. Is this something that you can take delivery in a few days since the big end of quarter push is now in play. SoCal region to be specific. Cheers!

I missed it. Added a correction above. It's not where I have ever seen one but it's there.
Here is where it is on my 3. B pillar facing forward. You are saying it’s where dust boot is for wires going into the rear door? That’s really weird.

7969128A-4BDD-4DD3-8048-51BBF5341579.jpeg

quick question to those that just took delivery. What's the average no. of days for a "base config" MY LW AWD from order to delivery? We're talking like white/black, 5 seater, no tow, no FSD. Is this something that you can take delivery in a few days since the big end of quarter push is now in play. SoCal region to be specific. Cheers!
My friend’s order for the base config Long Range MY black/black took six days from time of order (March 12) and had it delivered to his house (March 18).

San Diego, CA delivery from Carlsbad SC.

I did the whole process for him. Ordered, uploaded copy of DL, did Tesla loan app, and uploaded insurance card on same day. VIN got assigned 2 days later. Got a call from SC 3 days after that and made final payment on Tesla Account website the night before home delivery. Accepted delivery of vehicle when it was on his driveway and now he owes me dinner and some beer!

Reactions: asaulo1
I don't know about average, but;
Y, 5 Seat, Blue Exterior, Black Interior, 20" Wheels, No Hitch, No FSD
Ordered Mar 19th 8PM
Vin Date Mar 20th 157xxx 1PM
Final Payment Mar 20th 1:30PM
Confirmed Mar 20th 5PM
Delivery Appointment (home delivery) Monday Mar 22

So that's about 60 hours from start to finish. Note: I do live < 20 mi from factory so that simplifies things. SA tells me that if I had lived East Coast it would at least have been couple of weeks, unless a car happened to be sitting around there. (For whatever that is worth).

They insist on contactless home delivery from factory.

Month/Year is considered the build date in the automotive industry. The exact date for Tesla is the born on date. This does not appear in the car anywhere. You can ask your advisor for this date. I am not sure if it appears on any paperwork either. It may just be a record Tesla keeps to themselves unless you ask for it.