Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Model 3 MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pick up Marina Del Rey on 12/27
Ordered 11/30
MR Black, White int, and EAP
Received 3 texts - asking to update my info, mass expected date, and an updated date range.

I decided to randomly check my tesla account and saw a delivery appointment date! No calls or messages. Yeeeeee it's happening!

As soon as I posted, I received a text with my appointment date. Although it says "has been tentatively scheduled" hmmm

Hi all,

Had placed a reservation/order 10/26 edited 10/29 to add EAP. Black on Black with Aero Wheels.

I edited to White on Black late November. I didn’t have a VIN so I had canceled my Reservation (at SC) and I called via phone and canceled via email. The cancel was before I had a VIN, which means I should get my money back. Now I’ve been scheduled for delivery this coming Thursday. Can I still cancel?, I do have a paper trail that shows when I requested to cancel. Tesla doesn’t seem to have it together. I wouldn’t mind taking delivery but I rather wait some time before making this financial jump on a new car.

Don’t feel bad brother and enjoy your more expensive LR :)

Called Tesla sales today. Was told car is already at the delivery center. Picking up Thursday at Marina Del Rey.

Wow! I think I will try that tomorrow as well. Delivery currently scheduled for 12/27 at home. I never got an option for a delivery center but I definitely live close enough that I would prefer that option.

Hi all,

Had placed a reservation/order 10/26 edited 10/29 to add EAP. Black on Black with Aero Wheels.

I edited to White on Black late November. I didn’t have a VIN so I had canceled my Reservation (at SC) and I called via phone and canceled via email. The cancel was before I had a VIN, which means I should get my money back. Now I’ve been scheduled for delivery this coming Thursday. Can I still cancel?, I do have a paper trail that shows when I requested to cancel. Tesla doesn’t seem to have it together. I wouldn’t mind taking delivery but I rather wait some time before making this financial jump on a new car.

I'm in a similar situation - configured a MR on 11/8, moved to a same options LR on 12/7. Today, text with delivery date (and account update) for LR arrived - 12/14 (yeah!). A few hours later, text with delivery date (and account update) for MR arrived - 12/19 (uh oh). I canceled the MR order on 12/7 via the Sales Advisor who opened in the LR order before any VIN was visible and I have a case number for the cancel, but...

I'd guess that since you have a paper trail, you should be OK. It might make sense to contact the Delivery Advisor to ensure that they clean the situation up before they attempt to deliver the car.

Just got my delivery text. 12/28 between 6-8PM at home. Going to call tomorrow to see if I can switch to the service center.
11/4 order. Blue ext/white int. Palm Springs, CA area
I told my Delivery Adviser via email, I wanted to pick up on 12/17 at the Cathedral City SC. He responded, no problem, done. All kinds of white interiors going to the Palm Springs area! :cool:

"tentatively" scheduled for 12/20 at 5:00 PM at Costa Mesa

Black ext/Black Int
Aero
EAP
Ordered 11/2
No Reservation
Orange County

Also scheduled for pickup at Costa Mesa 12/20 at 5:00pm.

Blue ext/Black Int
Aero
EAP
Ordered 10/20
No reservation
Non owner

My original appointment was 12/13 after receiving a text of tentative delivery between 12/9 and 12/15. Called this morning to find out if they had my VIN. I was told that my car is still in production so no vin and they recommended changing my appointment to the 20th. Asked if I could just leave it, but they said based on their experience, the 20th would be the best bet but they would supposedly let me know if it comes in earlier. I am going to keep checking my account for a vin and calling to reschedule as soon as I get it. Was told once the car is built, it takes about 48 hours for the car to be delivered to Costa Mesa after going through the quality checks. So not sure how I went from 12/13 to 12/20 but hopefully they call me if it gets in sooner.

Sure there were MR 3s on this carrier. Saw it across from Starbucks at 101 and Cochrane in Morgan Hill this morning (Just south of San Jose). Likely heading down 101 south or cutting over at Pacheo Pass in Gilroy to head down I-5 South. They're coming southern Calif! All with sport wheels. I usually see a handful of Teslas now in my morning coffee run but this really upped the count today. Always exciting to see the cars on the carriers.

IMG_9547.JPG

Last edited:
Just got a text saying delivery is tentatively scheduled for 12/19 at Marina del Rey.

Ordered 11/26 though referral link, no reservation.

White / Black Interior
No EAP
18” Aero

VIN does not show up under reservation but is in the updated MVPA.