Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my timeline:
11/12/20 Ordered Blue/Black LR, Inductions, FSD
11/20/20 Changed to white seats
11/20/20 Got crappy offer for financing from TD Bank
11/23/20 Got good loan from my credit union
11/23/20 Changed with my SC to 3rd party financing and changed pickup location
11/24/20 Confirmed with my SC that everything I can do is done, even though insurance page looks "stuck"

So, what is considered my "order date"? More importantly, where in this process have I most recently done something that could impact my delivery date? I'm ready!

Thanks!

Here's my timeline:
11/12/20 Ordered Blue/Black LR, Inductions, FSD
11/20/20 Changed to white seats
11/20/20 Got crappy offer for financing from TD Bank
11/23/20 Got good loan from my credit union
11/23/20 Changed with my SC to 3rd party financing and changed pickup location
11/24/20 Confirmed with my SC that everything I can do is done, even though insurance page looks "stuck"

So, what is considered my "order date"? More importantly, where in this process have I most recently done something that could impact my delivery date? I'm ready!

Thanks!

If my understanding is correct, officially it should be 11/12 but technically I think it's 11/20 with the change of your seat config. The actual make of your car is what puts it into the build queue. The cars are built in batches to maximize efficiency.

The financing portion is a process you go through while your car is being built

If my understanding is correct, officially it should be 11/12 but technically I think it's 11/20 with the change of your seat config. The actual make of your car is what puts it into the build queue. The cars are built in batches to maximize efficiency.

The financing portion is a process you go through while your car is being built
Thanks! That's what a figured was the case. Good to have confirmation. Now I need to go check my phone to see if I have a VIN yet. Haven't looked in 10-15 minutes...

I called the Costa Mesa delivery center yesterday and just saw my VIN tonight through the manage account page on Tesla.com: 77,7XX.

I wonder if they helped expedite assigning the VIN to me or if it was going to come today anyway? Either way, I'm relieved that it's finally coming!

I ordered 9/19, completed all order steps on 10/23, and received my VIN 11/28. Was told that I will be receiving a three to five day notice before delivery date.