Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up our Y on Saturday. In short I did have lots of little issues. Headlights not aligned, rear hatch no aligned, steering wheel scratches, etc. some of the stuff they fixed while I waited and others I had to make an appointment for.

I love the car but I don’t love the order/delivery process. I get the fit and finish issues too. They simply have too many orders and they need to push them out the door. The key will be to see how they handle the follow-up service visits.

Attachments

• C43F02FF-394B-4863-8B23-FFBC430EABFA.jpeg
    C43F02FF-394B-4863-8B23-FFBC430EABFA.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 8F5D78DC-6224-4787-BA2C-21C1C89AC881.jpeg
    8F5D78DC-6224-4787-BA2C-21C1C89AC881.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 63FC6895-9280-4FA2-B48D-5879AC24400B.jpeg
    63FC6895-9280-4FA2-B48D-5879AC24400B.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 90A7B663-D747-467E-88E3-B91A00D8F959.jpeg
    90A7B663-D747-467E-88E3-B91A00D8F959.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 0512F317-6C27-4F5F-B9C6-05241889408B.jpeg
    0512F317-6C27-4F5F-B9C6-05241889408B.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Disagree
Reactions: Mitchoacan
Just received 91xxx VIN today and delivery is scheduled on Wednesday here in San Francisco. LR Silver, 19" Gemini, Black interior, tow hitch, FSD. Ordered on 10/23

Wow!! So glad to see your comment -- will you be picking it up at the Van Ness service center? I'm still waiting for mine also in SF. LR white. 19" Gemini. Black interior. Ordered in early Nov.

Wow!! So glad to see your comment -- will you be picking it up at the Van Ness service center? I'm still waiting for mine also in SF. LR white. 19" Gemini. Black interior. Ordered in early Nov.
I also ordered from SF at the Van Ness service center. My SA told me that they’re shifting some deliveries to Serramonte for some reason.
I ordered 10/17 so I’m eagerly awaiting as well

• Helpful
Reactions: Mr. James
new here and looking to purchase. Spoke to SA today about a MY and he said if I ordered today or tomorrow I should have delivery before years end. As I was leaving he got a phone call and was telling that person if he ordered today they will get their Tesla by year end too. Then I stumbled upon this forum and it seems like most have been waiting since beginning of Nov...so it's probably unlikely to receive by years end.....

I’m new here as well, first post on this forum. I ordered a MY on dec. 16 with an estimated 1-2 week wait period. I was told it should be delivered by the 31st. As of today the estimated delivery date is between dec. 21-31. The more I read these posts it seems mine won’t be on time unless Tesla really turns it up which may not be a good thing. I ordered a LR, red, 20” wheels. I check constantly to see if a vin has been added to my account. I look on my account under manage order. Where exactly does the VIN show up though? It’s only been a few days since ordering and I’m already impatient.

new here and looking to purchase. Spoke to SA today about a MY and he said if I ordered today or tomorrow I should have delivery before years end. As I was leaving he got a phone call and was telling that person if he ordered today they will get their Tesla by year end too. Then I stumbled upon this forum and it seems like most have been waiting since beginning of Nov...so it's probably unlikely to receive by years end.....

I think you have a good shot at getting it by end of year. They are in high gear right now and people who ordered recently are getting VINs. I think it depends on where you live, too. Apparently San Diego has some in stock.

Ok so I posted this morning about getting my VIN today. I saw my delivery window change from Dec 21-Dec 31st to Dec 21-25th.
That showed me that it was either on the way or at the delivery center. I normally would have just waited because I imagine they are all getting slammed right now. But I am not in CA right now and have to fly in to pick up the car and need to co-ordinate a ton of things that are all going on in my life at the same time. Plus once I picked it up I had to get clear bra on ASAP and then drive it back to the state I'm in right now. (hello med school and needing to travel lol). Anyway so I called in and asked them to please shed some light on where the car was. He said it was on the way to Costa Mesa. :D

They have to do their once over but I can schedule delivery anytime after that aka the 23rd. So yeah that's the latest. :)

Hang in there. I have a feeling CA delivery centers are going to be burning the midnight oil in these next 2 weeks.

VIN is in!! 90xxx LR White/Black, as basic as it could get

Ordered 11/22 at Buena Park

Now est. delivery is Dec 22-26

See I told you you'd get it soon. :) I am so sure that you're MY is on the same truck that's bringing ours down. :)

Congratulations. :D

Reactions: jm9ism