Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else also just waiting for VIN/delivery with this next step -- if you want to buy Tesla insurance?

upload_2020-12-24_23-2-26.png

So if there are any issues with your car, do you just email your SA? Or how do you report it?

I picked up my car on Tuesday and the only issue was the back seats didn't fold down easily when I hit the button (I was told this is a fairly common problem, the seats are too close together or something?). The person I spoke to said to just schedule an appointment in the app, which I did. Super simple and lots of appointment times to choose from. If there are any issues such as scratches or dents, just take a picture and upload it when scheduling your service.

Just received my VIN 9 mins ago! It's a Christmas gift from Tesla! VIN is 91xxx which seems a bit lower than what I am seeing so hopefully it is not a reject... I also don't have a delivery date yet. Do I have to do the "Add Bank Account and Pay" in order to get a delivery date? My credit union won't be open until next Monday so probably won't be able to get delivered before than...sad :(

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
I picked up my car on Tuesday and the only issue was the back seats didn't fold down easily when I hit the button (I was told this is a fairly common problem, the seats are too close together or something?). The person I spoke to said to just schedule an appointment in the app, which I did. Super simple and lots of appointment times to choose from. If there are any issues such as scratches or dents, just take a picture and upload it when scheduling your service.
You got your car! Awesome! Maybe I’ll see you around.

• Love
Reactions: LMP77
Just received my VIN 9 mins ago! It's a Christmas gift from Tesla! VIN is 91xxx which seems a bit lower than what I am seeing so hopefully it is not a reject... I also don't have a delivery date yet. Do I have to do the "Add Bank Account and Pay" in order to get a delivery date? My credit union won't be open until next Monday so probably won't be able to get delivered before than...sad :(
You can get a delivery date without paying. In fact, if you’re in CA, you don’t need to pay until you pick up the car. And I wouldn’t worry about the VIN. It’s plenty “high” enough. Ask your SA what the production date is. That’s more indicative of what the vehicle history is. Good luck!

Thank you so much.

How are folks getting their VIN? Is it over text or email or just on the Tesla account? I have a delivery scheduled for 2am on 12/26, but no VIN yet which is surprising.
I got an email saying I had a VIN. Logged into my account to actually see it. I’ve heard of other variations of getting texts, etc. Pretty sure the VIN likely only shows up in your account, though.

Last edited:
How are folks getting their VIN? Is it over text or email or just on the Tesla account? I have a delivery scheduled for 2am on 12/26, but no VIN yet which is surprising.

Same 12/26 2 am home delivery scheduled yesterday, and VIN shows up today early morning in Tesla account. So far, no text, email nor calls (which is fine as today is Christmas). I called Tesla yesterday and was told 2 am is less likely so I should expect this window will be shifted on the day. But saw someone visited SC in-person yesterday and was told 2 am is possible as they are basically doing 24/7 deliveries. We will see what happened tonight!

One thing is that my VIN is 87xxxx, ordered on 11/7. It seems a bit low even though I understand VIN it's not sequenced. Since today is a holiday, I will not be able to find out until tomorrow early morning. What if they do deliver tonight at 2 am, should I accept the delivery before finding out the built date? What if tomorrow SA still won't reply(which is possible as she is super unresponsive), should I accept the car before finding out the built date?

Same! But still no VIN :(
Stupid question but how does VIN creation work? The text message implies the car hasn’t been built yet. Are VINs created before the car is even built or are they created after the car is built?
I didn’t get an email yet. But I just happened to login to my Tesla account and there was the VIN.

You can get a delivery date without paying. In fact, if you’re in CA, you don’t need to pay until you pick up the car. And I wouldn’t worry about the VIN. It’s plenty “high” enough. Ask your SA what the production date is. That’s more indicative of what the vehicle history is. Good luck!

Thanks that's reassuring. I actually just got a call from a Tesla rep (not my SA) and he told me I could take delivery of the vehicle today if I wanted... I didn't know they were working on Christmas! I told him I need more time because of the financing and he said they will release the VIN and get me a new one for delivery around 28-29th... Hopefully this is okay..

Same 12/26 2 am home delivery scheduled yesterday, and VIN shows up today early morning in Tesla account. So far, no text, email nor calls (which is fine as today is Christmas). I called Tesla yesterday and was told 2 am is less likely so I should expect this window will be shifted on the day. But saw someone visited SC in-person yesterday and was told 2 am is possible as they are basically doing 24/7 deliveries. We will see what happened tonight!

One thing is that my VIN is 87xxxx, ordered on 11/7. It seems a bit low even though I understand VIN it's not sequenced. Since today is a holiday, I will not be able to find out until tomorrow early morning. What if they do deliver tonight at 2 am, should I accept the delivery before finding out the built date? What if tomorrow SA still won't reply(which is possible as she is super unresponsive), should I accept the car before finding out the built date?

Same here. my VIN is 93xxx ordered on 12/3, and I received the home delivery at 2am 12/26.