Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all Model X 60D Owners!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new X is better, but not $50K better, no way not even close. If your lucky enough to have a bank account which can absorb $50K without worry than its a no brainer to get the new X. But us 60D owners aren't in the same ball park/mind set, otherwise we wouldn't have got a 60D in the first place :).

The Y will offer the extra space the 3 doesn't, and come in ALOT cheaper than a new X, that's what we are waiting on to replace my wife car.

The economics in the US may work better due to incentives, I am for sure no expert on how to arbitrage in the UK.

Regarding the Y though - I would not put high hopes on it as an X replacement.

It's more storage than the 3, but not close to S/X caliber.

The 3rd row works for Minime, Tyrion and little children.

I sat in it and paid attention to when the people were exiting the car, the humans were of smaller stature from the rear row.

I too had a 60D.. with cloth seats. and white paint when it was free.

I had to leave the 60D club though once upgrade dropped to $4,500. I was tired of seeing "you must slow down to make it to the supercharger messages".

I'm in the 60D Badge Club but my car is a 75D, I have extended warranty. I love it, the only thing is to Enhanced AP. Im gonna keep it for minimum 8 years until warranty ends, just wish I would have made that cut one month later.

I ordered a 60D in Oct. 2016, one week before the AP2 announcement. So I got the newer hardware. I opted to pay the $2K difference to upgrade to EAP.

If I remember correctly, the price difference between a 60D and 75D when I ordered was $9.5K. When the price dropped to $4.5K, I pulled the trigger on the upgrade. My X has been re-badged for so long that I sometimes forget it was every a 60D.

I also paid for FSD a few months back when it was down to $2K.

My original goal was to get a vehicle for $100K or less. With the upgrades, I'm sitting at exactly $100K.

Reactions: Michelx
I just posted this on another page so I figured I would share with the fellow 60D owners.

Anyways I would suggest to strongly stay way from upgrading the X to 75D from 60D, personally it is worth it on the model S as its only a 2k option but for the X it is soooo not worth paying $4500 for an upgrade you will hardly use. (Paid $6,600 Canadian after tax & USD conversion)

The only thing that was slightly worth it was my car was corked and by the battery upgrade I shaved a second after uncorking on my 0-60 time.

Currently charging a 60D to 100% will give you 60kWh to use, after upgrading my car only show'd 69 usable kWH but that is if you actually charge it to the 100% on the 75D. Now on my Remote Tesla app it is only showing 67.5 kWH usable on my Model X, not even a full 70 and never was a full 75.

If I currently charge to 90% I will only have 60.75wkh to use which is the exact same thing I had before the upgrade. Also charging to 100% on the 60D is way faster, getting that last 10wkh charged puts more stress on the battery and takes an additional 25 mins at the supercharger.

10000000% a SCAM in my opinion

• Informative
Reactions: Terthen
I just posted this on another page so I figured I would share with the fellow 60D owners.

Anyways I would suggest to strongly stay way from upgrading the X to 75D from 60D, personally it is worth it on the model S as its only a 2k option but for the X it is soooo not worth paying $4500 for an upgrade you will hardly use. (Paid $6,600 Canadian after tax & USD conversion)

The only thing that was slightly worth it was my car was corked and by the battery upgrade I shaved a second after uncorking on my 0-60 time.

Currently charging a 60D to 100% will give you 60kWh to use, after upgrading my car only show'd 69 usable kWH but that is if you actually charge it to the 100% on the 75D. Now on my Remote Tesla app it is only showing 67.5 kWH usable on my Model X, not even a full 70 and never was a full 75.

If I currently charge to 90% I will only have 60.75wkh to use which is the exact same thing I had before the upgrade. Also charging to 100% on the 60D is way faster, getting that last 10wkh charged puts more stress on the battery and takes an additional 25 mins at the supercharger.

10000000% a SCAM in my opinion

What is your 90% on your 75D now? It must be more than my current 310km when I charge my 60D to 100%. There must be some added range, no?

Is there such thing as a 2017 X 60D? I'm looking around for a used X with AP2 and that's what the salesman is telling me but that seemed fishy. o_O Could it be that this car was manufactured in late 2016 but wasn't delivered until 2017 therefore classified as 2017? Can you tell from a VIN?

Yes. You could have ordered a 60D Model X in October and take delivery in late December.

It would be a 2017 car with AP2, free transferable unlimited supercharging.