TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Calling all Model X 60D Owners!!!!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Ramisanders, May 8, 2019.

1. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

The economics in the US may work better due to incentives, I am for sure no expert on how to arbitrage in the UK.

Regarding the Y though - I would not put high hopes on it as an X replacement.

It's more storage than the 3, but not close to S/X caliber.

The 3rd row works for Minime, Tyrion and little children.

I sat in it and paid attention to when the people were exiting the car, the humans were of smaller stature from the rear row.

I too had a 60D.. with cloth seats. and white paint when it was free.

I had to leave the 60D club though once upgrade dropped to $4,500. I was tired of seeing "you must slow down to make it to the supercharger messages".

2. Ramisanders

Ramisanders Member

I'm in the 60D Badge Club but my car is a 75D, I have extended warranty. I love it, the only thing is to Enhanced AP. Im gonna keep it for minimum 8 years until warranty ends, just wish I would have made that cut one month later.

3. RRM998

RRM998 Supporting Member

I ordered a 60D in Oct. 2016, one week before the AP2 announcement. So I got the newer hardware. I opted to pay the $2K difference to upgrade to EAP.

If I remember correctly, the price difference between a 60D and 75D when I ordered was $9.5K. When the price dropped to $4.5K, I pulled the trigger on the upgrade. My X has been re-badged for so long that I sometimes forget it was every a 60D.

I also paid for FSD a few months back when it was down to $2K.

My original goal was to get a vehicle for $100K or less. With the upgrades, I'm sitting at exactly $100K.

• Like x 1
  4. TrollMasster

TrollMasster Member

I just posted this on another page so I figured I would share with the fellow 60D owners.

Anyways I would suggest to strongly stay way from upgrading the X to 75D from 60D, personally it is worth it on the model S as its only a 2k option but for the X it is soooo not worth paying $4500 for an upgrade you will hardly use. (Paid $6,600 Canadian after tax & USD conversion)

The only thing that was slightly worth it was my car was corked and by the battery upgrade I shaved a second after uncorking on my 0-60 time.

Currently charging a 60D to 100% will give you 60kWh to use, after upgrading my car only show'd 69 usable kWH but that is if you actually charge it to the 100% on the 75D. Now on my Remote Tesla app it is only showing 67.5 kWH usable on my Model X, not even a full 70 and never was a full 75.

If I currently charge to 90% I will only have 60.75wkh to use which is the exact same thing I had before the upgrade. Also charging to 100% on the 60D is way faster, getting that last 10wkh charged puts more stress on the battery and takes an additional 25 mins at the supercharger.

10000000% a SCAM in my opinion

• Informative x 1
  5. hill

hill Active Member

One thing for certain, whether AP1 or ap2, they both get the yellow border screen.
    ;)

• Funny x 1
  6. csriram45

csriram45 Member

Just bought a 2016 AP2 from Tesla. it was originally a 60D but was sold as 75D. I assume Tesla upgraded it before reselling. How do I find out how much kWh battery gets charged? What is the Remote Tesla App that is being referenced?

7. TrollMasster

TrollMasster Member

8. rainforest

rainforest Active Member

What is your 90% on your 75D now? It must be more than my current 310km when I charge my 60D to 100%. There must be some added range, no?

9. TrollMasster

TrollMasster Member

316 KMs at 90%