Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling the wife.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my current car, the wife is #1.

By which I mean that when I press the phone button, she is the #1 contact, and is very easy for me to call her.

The MS doesn't seem to have saved contacts.

How do you guys deal with this?

Voice usually works well. (Sometimes doesn't recognize "Call ")
I've tried the scroll wheel a few times. It never works for me. All calls, incoming, outgoing... It always seems to list very few numbers, and never anything remotely recent.
I would expect it would get the recent lists from the phone. Maybe my flip phone's the issue?

In my current car, the wife is #1.

By which I mean that when I press the phone button, she is the #1 contact, and is very easy for me to call her.

The MS doesn't seem to have saved contacts.

How do you guys deal with this?
Wait, what do you mean by "in my current car, the wife is #1"?

Do you literally have her saved as "#1"? Wouldn't that kind of solve it - placing her on top of the contact list? Or?

Voice usually works well. (Sometimes doesn't recognize "Call ")
I've tried the scroll wheel a few times. It never works for me. All calls, incoming, outgoing... It always seems to list very few numbers, and never anything remotely recent.
I would expect it would get the recent lists from the phone. Maybe my flip phone's the issue?
Could be, it gets the list really well from my Android. Occasionally, if I just get into the car, it doesn't sync the call log yet, but if I do it after a few mins of driving, it's synced and up-to-date.

When I say my wife is #1, I do mean it in EVERY conceivable way... :)

When I hit the phone button on my steering wheel, it shows either my "saved contacts" or "recent calls".
She is my #1 saved contact. So she pops up first. So I hit the button, then hit it a 2nd time to call the wife.
Makes it very easy.

I like the seperate contact for "the wife". Not sure I can get away with "Call she who must be obeyed."

• Funny
Reactions: jjh1234
This sort of thing went out with phones with buttons you could press. Remember when you pressed a button hard and it dialed that shortcut? About ten years ago, before the iPhone? :D (No offense to flipphone or blackberry users...)

Now we have a favorites list, and tap on one to call someone. In the car, you press 'voice command' and say 'call <whoever>'. My GF's name, which is really weird spelling-wise, actually works well this way. Since it's only looking at your contacts, the car is not searching the whole universe.

Be sure your contacts are synced, be sure you are saying what the 'name' is in your contact list, and I bet that that works very well.

History will work also... In my BMW that was nine years old, there was no way to program a shortcut; I think I used history there... but here, the voice works well for a new call.