Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can a 60D be uncorked?

Can a car ordered as a 60D be uncorked?

• Yes I upgraded by '16 S to 75D and it was eligible

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Yes I upgraded by '16 X to 75D and it was eligible

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes 2016 S/X without upgrading

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes 2017 S/X without upgrading

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They told me no

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this. Not as detailed as yours but sounds like we're both good!

image.jpg

Just got this email

----

Based on your current car's configuration, if you upgrade to the 75D you should be eligible for the uncorking. You will be eligible as soon as you pay for the 75D upgrade, but your service center won't be notified.

If your service center asks you how you knew that you should be eligible after upgrading, you can show them this and let them know it's because Engineering said that the "PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER" has to be greater than 3, and yours is a 5 in CarLogs.

Thank you for your time and loyalty to the company!

Sounds like I need to keep pressing the issue. I was told no last Monday due to the fuse explanation, but all 60D models were being told no at that point. I will go through the escalation on the My Tesla page and see if I have any more luck. It’s a March 2017 build with VIN 185***

Darn it. I want this performance upgrade and the extra range so badly but refuse to pay the $4500 being asked for on the Model X. So jealous of you guys!!

I hate this also.. and will hate it more once uncorking is allowed without upgrading or upgrading is reduced to $2K.

BUT I would pay $4500 for performance alone... subtract small savings in resale, potential tax savings if car is write off, and if you need a few more miles in range it's solid.. overall happy.

I called Denver and was told "No" on my 171*** December 2016 S60D. Email escalation and got a prompt reply saying, "Yes", email below.

I purchased the range upgrade and called to schedule an appointment locally (Bellevue, WA) and they said "We're not seeing it as eligible, we'll call you back." No call for 4 days, so I called again today. Got an appointment scheduled and then, "We're not seeing it as eligible." Told them I emailed HQ and they confirmed. Appointment is set for this Friday AM, I'll report back.

---

"Thank you for contacting Tesla.

I have taken a brief look into this and found that, yes, your vehicle is eligible for the performance uncorking if you purchase the battery upgrade. I would suggest that if you would like to move forward with this, to contact your local service center to schedule an appointment as this upgrade does require a service technician to hard wire into the vehicle.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know!

Best Regards,
Nolan C | Executive Care Team"

I'm almost positive my car is old enough to not qualify (manufactured July '16, delivered August '16). Currently 60D (software locked). With my current travel and finances 2.2k is not worth the extra 30 miles and wouldn't really enable any different trips currently.

Picking up an extra second might be hot enough to go for it (wife likely wouldn't approve) but certainly not worth a gamble if they won't tell you until afterwards.

I bet you ARE eligible. I took delivery of my 60D in July 2016 (VIN 147XXX) and I was told I'm eligible for uncorking if and only if I do the 75kWh upgrade. I did it and I'm my service is scheduled this Friday in Dedham, MA.

I hate this also.. and will hate it more once uncorking is allowed without upgrading or upgrading is reduced to $2K.

BUT I would pay $4500 for performance alone... subtract small savings in resale, potential tax savings if car is write off, and if you need a few more miles in range it's solid.. overall happy.
why would you pay 4500 for performance only? thats strange as you cant race around town 0-60 much and isnt your car fast already?? I mean 4500 is a ALOT to me for unlocking and performance

why would you pay 4500 for performance only? thats strange as you cant race around town 0-60 much and isnt your car fast already?? I mean 4500 is a ALOT to me for unlocking and performance

You do realize everyone here paid in the $90-170K range for a new car right?

It's like a leaf paying $500 for more more range and a 20% faster acceleration.

Plus most of that $$ is recouped on resale. So it's the cost of capital till sale really.

Reactions: Mickie
You do realize everyone here paid in the $90-170K range for a new car right?

It's like a leaf paying $500 for more more range and a 20% faster acceleration.

Plus most of that $$ is recouped on resale. So it's the cost of capital till sale really.
Yea i realize it....the 60d was almost 90k at the time so i hear ya...Thats why i really am not keen on being blackmailed to give them another 2k to get something my car can already get. Its typical tesla and we like the car but it was a stretch to get it and 2k is alot for us. I get if you paid 2k last month and tesla makes it 500.00 next month that you would feel jilted. I think many esla buyers already know this feeling anyhow.

Yea i realize it....the 60d was almost 90k at the time so i hear ya...Thats why i really am not keen on being blackmailed to give them another 2k to get something my car can already get. Its typical tesla and we like the car but it was a stretch to get it and 2k is alot for us. I get if you paid 2k last month and tesla makes it 500.00 next month that you would feel jilted. I think many esla buyers already know this feeling anyhow.
Like the buyers who took the $8k haircut when they finally convinced themselves it was worth it. *Shudder*

Yea well currently this is what it is - if you want uncork you pay up... Or if you don't agree with the current situation, you are more than welcomed to wait it out. Perhaps it will be offered to 60D or the range upgrade price is further reduced. It could happen next month or next year and of course maybe never. The choice is yours... Like you said it's something you get for being a Tesla owner. The future is full of uncertainty but you know what is being offered NOW.

Reactions: caltechkid
Another thread has a conversation with tech ranger that came to perform uncorking.

Also it makes sense, but I think it's fair to get people to upgrade.

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?
Ok, gotcha. So it wasn't performed on any 60D, just a ranger stated that it could be done. That's not enough to deter me to not 75 tonight for tomorrow's uncork appointment. I'm still getting extra range and some increased resale.

If it were to go down to $500 next week, that'd suck. Not as hard as people paying $10k then it dropping to $2k, but suck nevertheless.

Reactions: number12