Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can No Longer Login to TEG Home IP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last few months I have not been able to login to the Gateway through my own network IP address. The IP address is correct, I just looked it up on my router and I am able to login to other devices through their IP. I just keep getting a timeout error for the TEG for some reason. It doesn't matter which browser I use nor how I configure the security settings. It also doesn't matter which device I use.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Do you know what it could be?

I am able to login to the TEG on a browser on my phone through it's WiFi using 192.168.91.1. And the APP works fine as well

Same here I think. I can ping it and the scripts that read the APIs can still log in and get data, but there's nothing responding to a regular web page request. Tesla app works fine too.

I bet they've obfuscated or changed the port number so that people can't log in as installer and change settings as easily.

Confirmed - it's checking the Browser Agent type, which you can change.

I changed to a random string and now it opens.
What version are you on? Not seeing this in 22.1 92118b67

The only issue I have with logging into the local Gateway is that Chrome says the site isn't secure because it doesn't think the certificate is valid. I had to click through the "Advanced" and "Proceed Anyway" prompts to get the login to load. It doesn't bother me about that any more, it just has the red strike-through on the https in the address bar.

My Gateway 1 based system is on 22.1.1

Confirmed - it's checking the Browser Agent type, which you can change.

I changed to a random string and now it opens.
Thanks for this. I will check it when I get home

The only issue I have with logging into the local Gateway is that Chrome says the site isn't secure because it doesn't think the certificate is valid. I had to click through the "Advanced" and "Proceed Anyway" prompts to get the login to load. It doesn't bother me about that any more, it just has the red strike-through on the https in the address bar.

My Gateway 1 based system is on 22.1.1
That is what it used to do for me when I was able to login.

Still not working. Did a diagnostics and stated that the device (TEG in this case) is not responding. It appears it is not my network. Even though I can see the TEG on the network, see how much data it is sending and receiving, can login directly to the gateway's direct IP, and can see everything on the APP, for some reason it is timing out when I log into it directly through my own network and the assigned IP for the gateway on the network.

I'm getting the feeling that hard-wire is the only solution to this, Gateway WiFi being unreliable to start with and maybe just the internal web server being flaky.
The Gateway has an out-going connection to the Tesla cloud, which is why the app always work, but there's something funky about it accepting incoming connections over that WiFi link.
Is there any chance you're using Unifi/Ubiquity WiFi gear? Their continual cadence of broken/non-broken/broken again throws things off as well.

Reactions: jgleigh
I'm getting the feeling that hard-wire is the only solution to this, Gateway WiFi being unreliable to start with and maybe just the internal web server being flaky.
The Gateway has an out-going connection to the Tesla cloud, which is why the app always work, but there's something funky about it accepting incoming connections over that WiFi link.
Is there any chance you're using Unifi/Ubiquity WiFi gear? Their continual cadence of broken/non-broken/broken again throws things off as well.
hard wiring solves SO many issues, the only way to go

Reactions: jgleigh and jboy210
I have a Ubiquiti WiFi network and I gave up and connected a nearby Ethernet cable.

Also, I thought the AT&T 3G cellular was supposed to stop working at the end of February 2022. My Gateway still says Cellular is connected.

• Love
Reactions: jboy210
PW2 uses 4G.

I also have a similar issue: My WiFi had been connected for many moons, but suddenly decided to quit a couple months ago. I believe it was associated with the new-style app, because it started about the same time as the upgrade (can't tell for sure, because I also have Ethernet connected, and don't open the app on a regular basis). With the most recent updates (now v4.6.0-885), things seem to have stabilized a bit, except I still have a problem with initial login via WiFi - I have to turn off WiFi until the app logs in, then I can turn WiFi back on, and the app works fine...