Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can NoA be disabled with FSD enabled with FSD 11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair with my above comment - I also use Navigate on Autopilot with lane confirmation each time. I used to let it decide where and when it would change lanes but found it extremely annoying - mostly because it goes into an exit lane WAY too early for my liking (1.5miles to 2 miles easy in some instances). I love how I have it set up now where I decide when I want to confirm the lane change which is also when the car decides to turn on the blinker. I feel it is the most like how I drive with the added safety of how Autopilot is. Unlike many people here I actually do feel safer overall when Autopilot is making maneuvers (with my supervision). I think it makes me feel much more at ease on the road then when I drive in the midst of rush hour traffic.

Reactions: lgkahn
Agin this is an incorrect statement. If Tesla added it then it is NOT FULL Self Driving. 🤔 If you don't want FULL Self Driving then you don't use FULL Self Driving.;)
Can you not use a brand name for an L2 ADAS feature as if it is some sort of gospel that we all need to live and breathe by? We use this driver assistance feature to make us have better overall comfort and safety. Not as if it is meant to rule over us and take away decision making ability.

Reactions: GSP and Twiglett
It looks correct to me. The removed options (NoA, FSD Visualizations and Traffic Sign & Stop Sign) are not applicable to FSD Beta.
the design is what’s not right. What goes against intuition is that selecting one of the top 3 options changes everything below it. It should be organized in a different way, but functionality wise it is correct.

For example, the offset setting uses the same style element correctly. And it’s the same one they’re using for the 3 options at top. I am just going to assume it’s rushed and they’ll make it more intuitive later.

Agin this is an incorrect statement. If Tesla added it then it is NOT FULL Self Driving. 🤔 If you don't want FULL Self Driving then you don't use FULL Self Driving.;)
Semantics. It's BETA - as beta testers we need the ability to be safe and provide feedback to their machine learning. A lane-change confirmation is a great way to accomplish both. Without this option they get no feedback from me (and, I suspect, many others) other than an overall pass-fail for each release (assuming they look at whether I continue to use it or not).

I am just going to assume it’s rushed and they’ll make it more intuitive later.
That is fair and could well be true of the specific Autopilot UI changes that were recently introduced. On the other hand, it's an extremely charitable interpretation of many other UI design aspects that have now been around for quite a long time.

Reactions: KArnold
the design is what’s not right. What goes against intuition is that selecting one of the top 3 options changes everything below it. It should be organized in a different way, but functionality wise it is correct.

For example, the offset setting uses the same style element correctly. And it’s the same one they’re using for the 3 options at top. I am just going to assume it’s rushed and they’ll make it more intuitive later.
Are there any examples in the UI that uses Tabs? I don't remember seeing any but not sure.

The problem with Autosteer is you are limited to only 5 over the posted limit on surface streets which, where I live, makes me a hazard to myself and other drivers. So the only driver assistance feature I have that works is TACC. IMO, Tesla needs to increase the limit to at least +9. Then it will be comparable to what other automobile manufacturers offer. I also think Tesla needs to add a "lane change confirmation" option to FSDb if they want more participation. As it is, I try each update once hoping it is fixed and then go back to TACC-only until the next update.
Just to prep you for the future. If the goal is to get Tesla's to L3+, where the car is handling the driving, it will only drive the posted speed limit, and you will not be able to adjust the car anything over that - not even +5MPH.

I don't think people are keeping that in mind as they clamor for L3+. If you want to speed, you need to remain in L2, so you're responsible when a cop pulls you over.

Sorry but you're playing grammar police on a feature name the everyone here understands is not a description of ability.
Tesla says that FSD is driver assistance and isn't actually self driving at all. So being picky about the word "Full" at the beginning seems pretty pointless when the other two words following it have nothing to do with its ability to "self drive".

Reactions: GSP and srs5694
Sorry but you're playing grammar police on a feature name the everyone here understands is not a description of ability.
Tesla says that FSD is driver assistance and isn't actually self driving at all. So being picky about the word "Full" at the beginning seems pretty pointless when the other two words following it have nothing to do with its ability to "self drive".
I well know it is a L2. SEE my post #16.

This is about what Tesla is doing or trying to do. There are 2 possobilities:

1) (stated goal) To become a full L3 or higher system.
2) (most likely) To create a high L2 that functions like a L3 or higher (without the liability).

Either way Tesla is striving to at least emulate FULL Self Driving. FSD Beta has NEVER allowed you to override or confirm lane changes. The SAME FSD Beta is now expanded to the highway. So why would the behavior be changed for one road over another? Beta shouldn't discriminate between roads and treat ALL driving the same. NoA is legacy stack and not applicable to FSD Beta.

• Disagree
Reactions: srs5694
Just to prep you for the future. If the goal is to get Tesla's to L3+, where the car is handling the driving, it will only drive the posted speed limit, and you will not be able to adjust the car anything over that - not even +5MPH.

I don't think people are keeping that in mind as they clamor for L3+. If you want to speed, you need to remain in L2, so you're responsible when a cop pulls you over.
Interesting thought. Has that been formally stated somewhere? I figured even when L3+ was working we would still be able to set the speed within reason. The peace officer is not going to write the ticket to Tesla. The operator - even if legally sleeping while the car did its thing - is still responsible for any traffic violations and will have to take it up with Tesla if they think the car is to blame.

Interesting thought. Has that been formally stated somewhere? I figured even when L3+ was working we would still be able to set the speed within reason. The peace officer is not going to write the ticket to Tesla. The operator - even if legally sleeping while the car did its thing - is still responsible for any traffic violations and will have to take it up with Tesla if they think the car is to blame.
No, on L3 or higher the car is the "operator", you are NOT driving. If you get a ticket or insurance claim and you are on L3 or higher Tesla is 100% responsible for paying it and any insurance claims.

Just to add what if you and someone else are in the backseat (L4/L5) with no one in the driver's seat and speeding? 🤔 This is why you will not be able to make adjustments if Tesla is responsible.;)

Analogy: What if you are in a Waymo and it gets pulled over for speeding? Do you expect a ticket?

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 6.33.41 PM.png

Last edited:
To be fair with my above comment - I also use Navigate on Autopilot with lane confirmation each time. I used to let it decide where and when it would change lanes but found it extremely annoying - mostly because it goes into an exit lane WAY too early for my liking (1.5miles to 2 miles easy in some instances). I love how I have it set up now where I decide when I want to confirm the lane change which is also when the car decides to turn on the blinker. I feel it is the most like how I drive with the added safety of how Autopilot is. Unlike many people here I actually do feel safer overall when Autopilot is making maneuvers (with my supervision). I think it makes me feel much more at ease on the road then when I drive in the midst of rush hour traffic.
Minimal experiece here, but lane selection on highways is much better in FSD 11.3.2 than it is on NoA.

If you get a ticket or insurance claim and you are on L3 or higher Tesla is 100% responsible for paying it and any insurance claims.
Where is this stated? I think it is too early to say how this will pan out unless you can cite an official source. Has legislation been written? We are talking at least 10 years out so I find that unlikely. They could easily add a clause stating the owner is the operator even if not in the car and is responsible for speeding tickets if configured that way. However, I am just speculating. Would love to see a source if the laws have already been penned.

Reactions: KArnold
I well know it is a L2. SEE my post #16.

This is about what Tesla is doing or trying to do. There are 2 possobilities:

1) (stated goal) To become a full L3 or higher system.
2) (most likely) To create a high L2 that functions like a L3 or higher (without the liability).

Either way Tesla is striving to at least emulate FULL Self Driving. FSD Beta has NEVER allowed you to override or confirm lane changes. The SAME FSD Beta is now expanded to the highway. So why would the behavior be changed for one road over another? Beta shouldn't discriminate between roads and treat ALL driving the same. NoA is legacy stack and not applicable to FSD Beta.
err - no they aren't. The hint is that Tesla themselves say its a product name not a feature definition, so you can't imply anything from the word "Full" any more than you can attempt to imply that it means it will be self driving (something Tesla consistently say it isn't).

Reactions: GSP
Why no mention of the capability removed to adjust following distance. This is very necessary to set high at high speeds and in poor weather but needs to be set low in certain stop and go is <5 MPH or everyone is constantly cutting you off..I.think I will not update to this version for now.