Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you request mobile service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear light cluster on my Model 3 cracked when something fell on it. Booked the service appointment via the app and it told me had to go to Bristol in September. Seems they have to replace the whole light, not just the plastic at a whopping £230.
Anyway, this being my first service interaction, I was hoping they'd offer to come out to my house and do it, as I imagine it's a fairly simple job to swap the lights. Nothing has been offered though. Is this something you have to ask for?

Rear light cluster on my Model 3 cracked when something fell on it. Booked the service appointment via the app and it told me had to go to Bristol in September. Seems they have to replace the whole light, not just the plastic at a whopping £230.
Anyway, this being my first service interaction, I was hoping they'd offer to come out to my house and do it, as I imagine it's a fairly simple job to swap the lights. Nothing has been offered though. Is this something you have to ask for?

No problem asking but I would be surprised if they would come out for accident damage. Expensive but probably comparable to other OEM rear lights in fancy cars.

They will normally assess whether it's something the mobile guys can do, and then whether they have the capacity. If you don't tick both boxes it's a SC visit.

Last time I booked a service in Birmingham i had the option of mobile service in the app. Tried to book another mobile appointment last week for a minor rattle and the option isn't there anymore and you have to select a service centre now.

My wing mirror got smashed a couple of weeks back. Filled in details on the app (service request) and was offered either Edinburgh SC within a couple of days or a mobile ranger in 3 weeks. As I live more than 100 miles from the SC I took the mobile ranger option. Cannot report on whether it was a good idea or not as he’s due next Tuesday!

How do you get a mobile service to show up? In the app it always give me the SC but never an option for a mobile service even though the issue is definitely one that can be fixed with a mobile service. The only time I managed to get a mobile service at home was when I called them directly but that's a pain by itself!

Reactions: adsheff
How do you get a mobile service to show up? In the app it always give me the SC but never an option for a mobile service even though the issue is definitely one that can be fixed with a mobile service. The only time I managed to get a mobile service at home was when I called them directly but that's a pain by itself!

In my case as soon as I filled in the details in the app of what I needed the service appointment for I got a response within 15 minutes or so offering me dates for either the SC (10th August) or Ranger (25th August). I requested the service appointment (replacement offside wing mirror) on 4th August.
I seem to recall that when I had a serious phantom drain issue a few months earlier and used the app to request a service I was only given an SC appointment without the option of a Ranger visit although I was convinced a Ranger could fix it. In the end a new software update resolved the problem so I cancelled the SC appointment.