Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you use TACC while having FSD turned on in settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I dont want to rely on FSD at all, but would like to use TACC more. However, I learned (maybe I am wrong?) that you need FSD turned on, if you want to use 'Summon' feature.
I would like to use the Summon feature for easier parking in my very short garage which BARELY fits the Tesla. However, if I can stand outside and control vehicle 'forward / backward' with Phone, I can stop it before it hits the wall (the cameras are unfortunately not reliable, since they tell me to stop even if I have still at least 10cm left).

So my question is, can I use Summon feature, but still use TACC instead of FSD while driving on highways?

Thanks.

You can’t use TACC while FSD is enabled, but you can create a second driver profile without FSD and switch between them as needed. Do you have the FSD trial? What did you have before?

I don’t know if Summon is even working currently.
I figured summon is actually not working. Such a shame.

And btw, I enabled FSD nad set it to Double Click. Now Single Click actually activates only the TACC. :)

I figured summon is actually not working. Such a shame.

And btw, I enabled FSD nad set it to Double Click. Now Single Click actually activates only the TACC. :)
You must have FSD v11. FSD v12 doesn’t let you enable double click, at least here in the US, so you can’t use TACC. If you update your software and get FSD v12, you’ll lose TACC unless you disable FSD, as I suggested in my first reply.

You must have FSD v11. FSD v12 doesn’t let you enable double click, at least here in the US, so you can’t use TACC. If you update your software and get FSD v12, you’ll lose TACC unless you disable FSD, as I suggested in my first reply.
Is that intentional change in FSD v12? Sounds more like a bug. Why would they remove such a feature :) Or at least they should somehow enable us to use 'Summon' and other 'FSD' features without having to enable FSD.

I will check which version I have. Maybe there are differences in EU in regards to that? Since I believe full FSD is not allowed here yet.

Is that intentional change in FSD v12? Sounds more like a bug. Why would they remove such a feature :) Or at least they should somehow enable us to use 'Summon' and other 'FSD' features without having to enable FSD.

I will check which version I have. Maybe there are differences in EU in regards to that? Since I believe full FSD is not allowed here yet.
It was an intentional change, but many would consider it a bug. If Summon is available, you might be able to use it even if you disable FSD, but I’m not sure. Why should Tesla let you use other FSD features without enabling FSD?

It was an intentional change, but many would consider it a bug. If Summon is available, you might be able to use it even if you disable FSD, but I’m not sure. Why should Tesla let you use other FSD features without enabling FSD?
Well Summon , the remote control one with App, does not really self-drive, since you are actively controling the vehicle.

Still, it bugs me that you can no longer use TACC while FSD enabled. I liked that you can decide which one to use for driving. As for parking, I still want those “smart” features.