Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) won't be available on FSD v12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TACC is still available, it’s just that the options to invoke it when using FSD are limited. Turning off FSD brings you back to TACC - it would be very difficult for them to eliminate as its a feature that came with the car upon purchase and so many people use it. Then again it is a Tesla.
Unfortunately, TACC/TSC stops at green lights, which it did not do before the v12.x update. You now must "confirm" driving through a green light. I think Tesla screwed with TACC in order to force people to use FSD, despite TACC/TSC being WAY more reliable.

• Informative
Reactions: timberlights
Unfortunately, TACC/TSC stops at green lights, which it did not do before the v12.x update. You now must "confirm" driving through a green light. I think Tesla screwed with TACC in order to force people to use FSD, despite TACC/TSC being WAY more reliable.
I cannot disagree with your experience, but only tell you my experience. AP on city streets (pre-FSD Beta) always forced me to confirm intersections, even on green lights, except when there is a lead car. Once I was invited into FSD Beta (v10) back in 2021, the problem obviously went away, as I used FSD Beta for city streets. Maybe that removed that in v11, but I wouldn't know as I was still in FSD Beta.

Turn off the setting for traffic light and stop sign control in the autopilot settings if you want True TACC

V12 sucks. I need TACC to work when I steer out of FSD. Reminds me of Apple removing useful features. Hopefully they fix this soon.
That's the reason I only used FSD on two drives for during my 1-month trial of v12. The detected speed limit is so far off on most of the roads near me it forced me to choose before each drive: operate the throttle while the car steers (and hits almost every pothole) for half the drive or steer (on almost entirely straight roads) while the car maintains the speed I want. Pretty easy decision.