Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What time are you picking up on Thursday? I will be there for my 10:15am appointment. Looks like there will be a few of us taking delivery of a new TM3 in KW!

What time? I'm also picking up a MSM, Aero on Thursday at the international centre at 1:00pm! Also super excited!

We're booked in at 1:15pm. I get the distinct impression there will be a crapload of people around.

Have you received final payment details if paying cash? I have a Wednesday evening appointment and still don't have my final payment due..... looks like they are crazy busy and understaffed for the volume they are trying to deliver.

No - though it was a holiday yesterday in the US, and my delivery person is in Vegas. I am a bit concerned about this too - thankfully I started moving the money without an exact number on Friday. Otherwise I think I'd be in trouble.

No - though it was a holiday yesterday in the US, and my delivery person is in Vegas. I am a bit concerned about this too - thankfully I started moving the money without an exact number on Friday. Otherwise I think I'd be in trouble.

Check your spam. The person from Vegas e-mailed me an invoice. Sometimes when it's a persons first time e-mailing you, it may go to spam.

Holy crap, what a *sugar* show in Toronto. Scheduled for 1pm pick up. Finally got the car at 7:00pm. Wasn't even busy, just a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off and no one knows what they are doing. One person even said...man, I'll be honest, I was just hired last week, most people here don't know what they are doing. We never did car paper work before. I'm like great, and I could tell, because no one knew anything about Tesla. One other employee said she got an e-mail from Tesla saying can you start in two days. She was thrown into the den with training on the go. It was just a mess. We were super deflated sitting over 6 hours for a car. And we were paying cash and everything was ready to go. No complications.

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar and Alby
Holy crap, what a *sugar* show in Toronto. Scheduled for 1pm pick up. Finally got the car at 7:00pm. Wasn't even busy, just a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off and no one knows what they are doing. One person even said...man, I'll be honest, I was just hired last week, most people here don't know what they are doing. We never did car paper work before. I'm like great, and I could tell, because no one knew anything about Tesla. One other employee said she got an e-mail from Tesla saying can you start in two days. She was thrown into the den with training on the go. It was just a mess. We were super deflated sitting over 6 hours for a car. And we were paying cash and everything was ready to go. No complications.

Growing pains.
Well, it’s like I said before. Everything Tesla is doing right now is new.
I cut them slack, and focus on the car. :)
Ina year from now, all these growing pains will be a thing of the past.

Growing pains.

Somewhat agree, but they did event at the international centre for the S/X too. They should have experienced people to oversee a few newbees and have teams. maybe they do and just working it out. Need my car on wednesday cause I'm selling my existing car tomorrow and can't have my mom be my Uber for ever LOL

Hope my 515pm appointment on Wednesday is not a midnight departure :). I'll still be happy.

Growing pains.

Yah I get it, but over 6 hours waiting is still unacceptable. Also the car still has panel gap issues. Will have to drive 3 hours again to fix that issue later on

We picked up Thursday, first day of deliveries and it was slow. Seems to be a new experience for them and issues with licensing based on what we heard. All I can say is it was worth the wait of 2 plus years. amazing car, driving experience and quality of build. If you think what they did from nothing to this in under 3 years, pretty amazing what Elon & company have accomplished.
Put new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires and new GTS Titanium RIMS on Friday.
Any one interested, I have info on sensors from Tesla service, will get a new set for original rims when I put winter tires on them in the fall.
IMG_6283.JPG

We picked up Friday at the International centre. Whole process about 3 hrs, 2 hrs waiting for plate. It was fun hanging out talking to other fans and delivery staff. David from Tesla Florida was a fount of knowledge. Once plates arrived delivery was efficient but not rushed. Got to inspect and set up for 25 min. Probably too excited but couldn't see any defects. I was very nervous pulling out of the lot but when I got onto the highway to come home it felt totally natural. Acceleration and regen are amazing. Worth the wait, time to hit the road.