Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery appoint made for July 27
Saskatoon pickup
MYLR blue,genesis,tow
Was yours on VIKING SEA, or MORNING MARGARETA?
Right? I don’t know what to believe anymore. I find it so strange. Also based on how long it takes to unload and send to the delivery centres, I feel like the 27th will be pushed back.
That is so strange that they already gave you a delivery date when the ship hasn't arrived yet. I haven't gotten anything yet, although before the ship's ETA was changed to July 25, I was told that I would get a delivery notification by the 25th...

since they just unloaded a shipment of Tesla's would they not be waiting for that log to clear up first before unloading the next batch?

i cant imagine it being ideal to unload and let it sit there at a parking lot...if people are getting pick up notices late this week then maybe the July 25th dock is more or less accurate...but also seems like the port isnt docking anyone for like 4 days

since they just unloaded a shipment of Tesla's would they not be waiting for that log to clear up first before unloading the next batch?

i cant imagine it being ideal to unload and let it sit there at a parking lot...if people are getting pick up notices late this week then maybe the July 25th dock is more or less accurate...but also seems like the port isnt docking anyone for like 4 days
Well, the original rumor was that VIKING SEA was carrying a small load of Teslas, but the photo posted the other day seemed to contradict that. In fact, it looked a lot closer to the 1100 figure that @Bob123 found on the union local's online system.

My initial thought was that if it was carrying a small load, they would combine the shipments. But if VIKING SEA had a larger load, it makes sense that MORNING MARGARETA would have to hold until that load was cleared out.

But then again, like you said, AIS says that no one is docking at New Westminster for 3 days. I feel like that's more due to the fact that the port strike caused a giant logjam of boats waiting to enter that they just can't take so many at once.

Who knows, though. @604_Dialect you're the most knowledgeable about marine operations among us - is any of what we're seeing and saying making any sense?

Well, the original rumor was that VIKING SEA was carrying a small load of Teslas, but the photo posted the other day seemed to contradict that. In fact, it looked a lot closer to the 1100 figure that @Bob123 found on the union local's online system.

My initial thought was that if it was carrying a small load, they would combine the shipments. But if VIKING SEA had a larger load, it makes sense that MORNING MARGARETA would have to hold until that load was cleared out.

But then again, like you said, AIS says that no one is docking at New Westminster for 3 days. I feel like that's more due to the fact that the port strike caused a giant logjam of boats waiting to enter that they just can't take so many at once.

Who knows, though. @604_Dialect you're the most knowledgeable about marine operations among us - is any of what we're seeing and saying making any sense?
I believe someone said that there were only 250 Teslas on the VIKING SEA and 900 different types of cars.

Was yours on VIKING SEA, or MORNING MARGARETA?

That is so strange that they already gave you a delivery date when the ship hasn't arrived yet. I haven't gotten anything yet, although before the ship's ETA was changed to July 25, I was told that I would get a delivery notification by the 25th...
I was assuming mine was on Viking Sea as had a July2 Edd before strike

Reactions: CaptStealthy
I just checked the Tesla app, and sure enough, my EDD is July 18 to 31 now, lol. It's just going to keep sliding until MORNING MARGARETA is able to unload, I think.

I also talked to my SA earlier, because I hadn't told them about our road trip, and I don't want to lose the car if it gets delayed if it arrives during my trip. They said let's wait for now, but they seem to think that it should be arriving by July 31, or early August at the latest.

I just checked the Tesla app, and sure enough, my EDD is July 18 to 31 now, lol. It's just going to keep sliding until MORNING MARGARETA is able to unload, I think.

I also talked to my SA earlier, because I hadn't told them about our road trip, and I don't want to lose the car if it gets delayed if it arrives during my trip. They said let's wait for now, but they seem to think that it should be arriving by July 31, or early August at the latest.
What was your original EDD? I’m getting worried that mine is going to slip into September and I’ll have to pay a higher interest rate on the loan.

What was your original EDD? I’m getting worried that mine is going to slip into September and I’ll have to pay a higher interest rate on the loan.
July 17 to 31 - it slid by a day because it began yesterday, and MM is still stuck in the middle of the ocean. And I bet it's just going to keep sliding until MM docks and unloads.

She would have arrived already if it weren't for the port strike - I really think it's just a logjam of boats that need to enter the area, clear customs, be guided to a port, etc.

Still haven’t got any text or email yet (OD May 14, EDD July 19-30). Anyone got their delivery day scheduled on Vancouver Island?
I am in Vic and my delivery date was just pushed back to Jul 27-Aug 10, from Jul 17-26.(I ordered the car in mid-May) SA confirmed it will be at the new centre in Langford which opens coincidentally on Jul 27. Despite the strike delays etc, I was really happy that my referral bonus was changed from Supercharger miles to $650 off and three months FSD sub though

Reactions: arbitrage000
I am in Vic and my delivery date was just pushed back to Jul 27-Aug 10, from Jul 17-26.(I ordered the car in mid-May) SA confirmed it will be at the new centre in Langford which opens coincidentally on Jul 27. Despite the strike delays etc, I was really happy that my referral bonus was changed from Supercharger miles to $650 off and three months FSD sub though
How? I thought bc is excluded from referral incentives