Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

I figured I would start the Canada waiting room as it may be a longer wait than expected with this firmware issue. I know that in Vaughan they have their lot full of Model Y LR's only not a single performance model. I ordered a MYP Red on Apr 5th and have ETA of June 12th to June 30th. Hopefully it comes sooner than later.

Reactions: Threader
They have a full lot of MYLR? That cannot be correct, as Canada hasn't received a single MY in at least the last 30 days.
I ordered the Y LR in early March from the Lawrence location and don't even have a data assigned. Was supposed to get it late April, then dates kept jumping until eventually became 1-10 weeks. That's what it says now.

They have a full lot of MYLR? That cannot be correct, as Canada hasn't received a single MY in at least the last 30 days.
I ordered the Y LR in early March from the Lawrence location and don't even have a data assigned. Was supposed to get it late April, then dates kept jumping until eventually became 1-10 weeks. That's what it says now.

@TimDot we got delivery of our LR MY on May 1st, meaning it arrived within a few days of that date. This suggests that you're likely incorrect in saying that Canada hasn't received any MY in the last 30 days.

@TimDot we got delivery of our LR MY on May 1st, meaning it arrived within a few days of that date. This suggests that you're likely incorrect in saying that Canada hasn't received any MY in the last 30 days.
@srlawren That's good to hear. If you don't mind, what is your MY VIN range?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021 MYLR | Deep Blue Metallic | Black | Gemini | 5 Seat - Ordered 4/16

Its absolutely not true that Canada hasn’t recieved any MYs in the last 30 days. I’ve saw a truck full of them on the highway two weeks ago and I was at the Lawerence dealership last week and saw them unloading another full truck. Also the lots at Lawrence are full of MYs. There is no chance they have all been there since mid-April. I would believe there haven’t been any deliveries (because of the hold) in the last 30 days if that is what you meant.

Reactions: Stook02ss
That's what I was told by my Tesla Advisor. My delivery date kept jumping daily starting from mid April and now it just says:"Estimated Delivery: 1 - 10 weeks from order placed date". My advisor assured me that I'm "first in line" for deliveries but I can't really trust what they say anymore.

I'm just going by what I was told, it is possible that I'm not being told the truth. Perhaps you got lucky and someone refused to accept one. I too was offered LR MY in late April but it was a 7 seater which I did not want.

@TimDot there were dozens more at the delivery centre, and I personally saw two other Model Y's (and a Model 3) being delivered during the time we were there for our delivery. And this isn't at the main hub in Vancouver, this is a smaller location in a suburb--I can only imagine the big location on Great Northern Way would have been significantly busier.

I have only been to the Vaughan location and they have had the lot full of MYLR (60+ Units) about a week ago. Went by last week and half were gone so they are being delivered. All different colours and specs just no Performance models.

@srlawren may I ask when you placed your order? We’re waiting impatiently for our LR MY 7 seater, pickup Richmond. Thanks!

At the Oakville Tesla Delivery Centre there are around 100 new vehicles of model Y and 3’s sitting in their lots on hold. They have recently purchased the old Harley Davidson dealership next door and is secretly keeping the vehicles stored there. I drive-by their lot on a daily basis and see these vehicles there parked in a secure lot without being delivered or moved the vehicles have been sitting there for over two weeks collecting dust. These vehicles have arrived for sometime. Tesla is keeping this on the low there is something missing in these cars on the recent production from Fremont and is holding all deliveries until the issue is resolved. They are simply on a “containment hold’

Last edited:
Thanks for creating this thread! I ordered my MY LR MSM Tow Hitch 19” black seats on March 27 for shipping to Calgary/Edmonton with a 1-10 week estimated delivery time. Had a few delivery date fake outs with ranges from May 21-Jun 18, only to return to the 1-10 week range. At this point, I’m managing my expectations and hoping for delivery before end of June, just in time for the end of quarter rush.

Anyone order a Performance model? Its hard to see what's going on with performance as the google sheet doesn't show any getting a VIN in May and I have a feeling they are having a hard time sourcing something for the performance model. I get there is a global issue but don't write on the website 3-5 week lead time when mine is saying longer than 5 weeks. That's truly misleading. Hence why I didn't bother with FSD. "City Driving coming later this year". Ya you guys said that 4 years ago. Tesla sucks at transparency.