Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two types of inventory. One happened to be actual inventory, another are the ones on the way. Luckily, Looks like your custom order matches one on the way.
Speaking of "inventory", does anyone have an explanation for this apparent change to inventory listings? From late July up until a couple of days ago, the inventory for my area was either marked as "Coming Soon" or "Ready for Delivery". Now it says neither on these on MY or M3 listings.

It does, Jane you scroll down to the payment part, just updated website
Ah, I missed that Chris. Have to wonder why they would make a change that decreases transparency and certainty in terms of delivery lead times? My sense is that more people would be inclined to submit an order, even if a larger deposit was required, if they could get a reasonably accurate delivery date AND they could follow the progress of their order and car once it is built and while in transit. Uncertainty is a major deterrent in consumer purchase decisions. If Tesla reads forums like this they would see the friction that is caused from the lack of transparency, ie. countless calls and inquiries from frustrated customers to Tesla sales advisors.

Ah, I missed that Chris. Have to wonder why they would make a change that decreases transparency and certainty in terms of delivery lead times? My sense is that more people would be inclined to submit an order, even if a larger deposit was required, if they could get a reasonably accurate delivery date AND they could follow the progress of their order and car once it is built and while in transit. Uncertainty is a major deterrent in consumer purchase decisions. If Tesla reads forums like this they would see the friction that is caused from the lack of transparency, ie. countless calls and inquiries from frustrated customers to Tesla sales advisors.
Should just @elon musk on twitter

Got another update

Original: 7th to 21st
Next: 18th-30th
New: October 5th - 10th

Over text, they told me the ETA for my vehicle was Sep 28th, so seeing the new date range being in October was surprising. Hoping I don't get impacted for referral bonuses or anything with my order moving to the next quarter.

Here another update
Original: 7th-21st
Next:12-26
Latest:14-28
Seems if they decide to delay urs, you should have the update on the second day of ur range. Let’s see if I get anything on the 15th.
Same delivery window, Vanghuan Location. But my EDD never went to 12-26 while many others are. SA email said my car will arrive last two weeks of Sept, SA at Vanghuan said could arrive next week. So lets see. I noticed in my App the button under my car picture went from View delivery tasks to Continue delivery task (but nothing to continue).

I notice last night, my account from web is leading me to the app. And changes on the app is: underneath of the car pic, it used to be” go to account” the led me to website. But now it became view, and I can click in to see the steps
Once you prepare all the steps on account page the app will become view. But mine now changed from View to Continue. Hopfully it means my car is closer.