Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same boat as you. No idea why our edd got changed so drastically. They’ve offered me the same thing with the rwd config if I want one sooner, but I’m holding out for the mylr.

I’m equally excited just having the electrician install the wall charger next week in anticipation to take delivery.

Hopefully we don’t have to wait much longer.
i was originally order MYLR without tow hitch but just saw one in inventory so I called my local tesla and they assigned it for me that’s why faster. I just want the car before snow come lol

Ordered a Model Y long-range Grey on Sept 22
Original Date: Sep - Oct 2023
New Date: Nov3 - Dec8 (the change happened around the end of sep)

No VIN

Got two texts from Tesla saying I can take the delivery as early as next week if I am open to a different configuration (which is RWD)

Do you guys know how long should I wait for my Y? Is that possible to get my Y earlier or get it around the beginning of Nov?

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE MY Y😆
Got a new date, Nov7 - Dec8.........

No VIN Assigned for me....

However, I don't think the next shipment to Canada will be coming from the US, This morning I checked the inventory on Tesla web, there are lot of new inventory under "In Transit" and the VINs are all begin with LRW

Attachments

• 000.png
    000.png
    712.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 001.png
    001.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 37
I'm still schedule for delivery this week. The car has been around for 2 weeks, just didn't have a good delivery time slot. So I guess I got lucky with the $2000 price drop! I was waiting to see if we get the refresh then I'll refuse delivery and wait for the new one, but it seems like that's not happening.

There seems to be a huge shipment of Y just arrived yesterday, there are now 61 Model Y in inventory as of today for BC delivery. All Shanghai VIN, huge shipment of AWD, most of the RWD from last shipment hasn't been sold at all. Not sure if Tesla demands are low now or if Tesla just stock up a bunch of Model Ys for Canada until they decide to ship from Fremont.

They’re offering me one of the rwd coming in stock on November 12th. Not sure whether or not to wait for the next round if they’re going to be from Fremont. Has this been confirmed? If so what would the differences be?
Shipment from Fremont wont happen until Tesla changed ordering web site . Because LR from Fremont uses different battery pack and the range is different. The report says LG battery is better behave in Winter, I am not sure why ppl here waiting for the ones using Pnasonic battery from Fremont.

Reactions: cdswm3
Shipment from Fremont wont happen until Tesla changed ordering web site . Because LR from Fremont uses different battery pack and the range is different. The report says LG battery is better behave in Winter, I am not sure why ppl here waiting for the ones using Pnasonic battery from Fremont.

The main advantage of waiting for a Fremont-built is that it comes with HW4. But at this point, we have no idea if or when our Model Y shipments will be transitioning to originate from Fremont.

The main advantage of waiting for a Fremont-built is that it comes with HW4. But at this point, we have no idea if or when our Model Y shipments will be transitioning to originate from Fremont.
  1. A notable discrepancy came from a report by a prominent Tesla hacker known as @greentheonly or ‘Green’ on X, who indicated that the HW4 infotainment system on the Model Y appears to be less capable compared to HW3. Specifically:
    • HW4 infotainment system has half as much Random Access Memory (RAM) and half as much storage space as HW3, with 8GB and 128GB respectively.
    • This reduction in specifications might affect the ability to support services like gaming service Steam on HW4, although Steam isn’t officially supported by Tesla.
    • Despite the reduced specifications, it's speculated that the HW4’s responsiveness is primarily due to it being a newer model and not yet encumbered by ‘cruft’ or unnecessary data loaded into memory.
    • The speculated reason behind the reduction in RAM and storage was likely cost considerations, although the Central Processing Unit (CPU) remains the same.
    • These changes have prompted mixed reactions, with some expressing disappointment at the apparent downgrade and others hopeful that Tesla’s engineers have optimized the system to perform efficiently despite the reduced specifications5.
The discussion around HW4 and HW3 is multifaceted, encompassing not just hardware capabilities but also software updates and the infotainment system's specifications. While HW4 has shown advancements in some areas, the delay in software updates and the reported lower specifications in the infotainment system have raised concerns among some Tesla enthusiasts and owners.

1. A notable discrepancy came from a report by a prominent Tesla hacker known as @greentheonly or ‘Green’ on X, who indicated that the HW4 infotainment system on the Model Y appears to be less capable compared to HW3. Specifically:
    • HW4 infotainment system has half as much Random Access Memory (RAM) and half as much storage space as HW3, with 8GB and 128GB respectively.
    • This reduction in specifications might affect the ability to support services like gaming service Steam on HW4, although Steam isn’t officially supported by Tesla.
    • Despite the reduced specifications, it's speculated that the HW4’s responsiveness is primarily due to it being a newer model and not yet encumbered by ‘cruft’ or unnecessary data loaded into memory.
    • The speculated reason behind the reduction in RAM and storage was likely cost considerations, although the Central Processing Unit (CPU) remains the same.
    • These changes have prompted mixed reactions, with some expressing disappointment at the apparent downgrade and others hopeful that Tesla’s engineers have optimized the system to perform efficiently despite the reduced specifications5.
The discussion around HW4 and HW3 is multifaceted, encompassing not just hardware capabilities but also software updates and the infotainment system's specifications. While HW4 has shown advancements in some areas, the delay in software updates and the reported lower specifications in the infotainment system have raised concerns among some Tesla enthusiasts and owners.

HW4 has nothing to do with the infotainment, it's strictly for FSD and HW4 have far higher resolution cameras which everyone wants.

Model 3/Y don't have Steam is because they uses a Ryzen APU and does not have dedicated RDNA2 GPU which are only found only the S/X.

I wasn't able to pick my car up last Tuesday, so I'm back on the queue waiting for a VIN. Wonder if anyone one of you suddenly got an inventory match this week for grey LR with 19" gemini for delivery in Surrey?

additional note about the in transit inventory cars, it seems that Tesla just listed out every single configuration for the Model Y. which is 8 variant per color. So I guess anyone ordering now should be able to be matched to whatever it is arriving around nov. 5th. Wonder what are the chances Tesla will quietly ship the updated Ys to Canada and then update the website over night with the new updated car. LOL