Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks will do. I'm starting to think that Tesla does misrepresent info on their website when you order. When I ordered my car and even now they tell you the LR AWD is 2-11 weeks. That would mean that there is at least one AWD configuration available in 2 weeks. The SA tells me there are none and the unless someone cancels my car it will not be available in 2 weeks even though Im willing to take any configuration available. Thoughts?
I guess statistically speaking, they are confident that at least a few orders will be cancelled.

I posted this elsewhere, but here seems more appropriate.
My delivery appointment is Sunday, June 13th in Kitchener. But since I'm trading in my vehicle, the SA asked me to show up a few days early to drop off the plate portion of my ownership. I'm not too happy about making the extra 1 hour drive from London to Kitchener, but I guess it goes with the territory, OR DOES IT? That's my question...for those of you trading in your vehicle, were you asked to drop off the plate portion of your ownership prior to taking possession of your new Tesla? Thx.

Accepted Tesla Vision. VIN in source code. Delivery updated to 2-11 weeks.

M3P white on black, ordered 05/05/21.

Had a deposit on Plaid+. After hearing about 'the tweet', however, I may cancel the 3 and wait for regular Plaid. What a rollercoaster this company.

Hi Guys,

I accepted Tesla vision notification and received my VIN in source code yesterday.
I am wondering how long do I need to wait until I get an official confirmation of VIN and how long usually it takes to get the delivery.
Hey,

I just noticed my new EDD changed and got sooner, called the TESLA LAVAL and they told me my car is no longer in Fremont but in Chicago right now about to leave for Canada. The agent (not my SA) told me that the car should be in Laval on the 14th and that it should be ready to be picked up 2-3 days later. Buzzing!! I advise you to call Tesla Laval as well to inquire about your delivery since we ordered during the same window.

Reactions: azashabab
Hey all, new to this space. I'm located in Vancouver

I ordered on May 11th, 2021
White on black M3 SR+

As many of you have been experiencing, my estimated delivery date is all over the map. I found a 2021 back M3 SR+ for $50,000 at an auto mall near me, put a deposit on it to look at it, and called Tesla to check about warranties on used cars. All of a sudden, the guy was telling me that despite my estimated delivery date range saying July 3 - 23, I would be getting my VIN in the next five days and "almost certainly" getting my car before the end of June.

Do you think this is just a BS sales tactic to make me stay with Tesla rather than buying a used one from a different dealership...?

Congrats! Did they let you inspect the car before accepting delivery? Or did they tell you to just schedule service within 24 hours for issues you will find? Also did they give you the die cast model of a model 3? Not sure if they still do that?
at first they said to go familiarize yourself with the car, inspect it, set up phone key etc...after 15mins they brought the documents and was allowed to take time to finish inspecting everything. No flaws to report. Signed paperwork and that was it.

Reactions: sonrantos
Hey all, new to this space. I'm located in Vancouver

I ordered on May 11th, 2021
White on black M3 SR+

As many of you have been experiencing, my estimated delivery date is all over the map. I found a 2021 back M3 SR+ for $50,000 at an auto mall near me, put a deposit on it to look at it, and called Tesla to check about warranties on used cars. All of a sudden, the guy was telling me that despite my estimated delivery date range saying July 3 - 23, I would be getting my VIN in the next five days and "almost certainly" getting my car before the end of June.

Do you think this is just a BS sales tactic to make me stay with Tesla rather than buying a used one from a different dealership...?
Similar dates as you in Vancouver too.

I think I saw that used M3 SR+ as well lol. But yeah, all signs point to production currently being on the LR and Performance, especially if you check their own order page. SR+ has min 8 weeks out, LR and Performance has min 2 week out.

So unless the SA's know something we don't, I'd say its highly unlikely at this point we're getting it by end of June.

My dates, previously for early June, did the exact same change. However, when I called Tesla to ask if I should just buy a used one, they assured me that this is "worst case scenario" and it is "very likely" I will receive the car (White on black M3 SR+) by the end of June. I ordered May 11
My SA told me the same thing last week after I emailed her all these different EDD. But then it changed to July today. I order it May 15. So you maybe luckier than me to get it by end of June.