Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Vawlkus
July 24 order SR+ blue / black interior and EDD 8 - 14 weeks.
After a few days got EDD Sep 5 - Sep 25.
Then EDD changed to Oct 14 - Nov 3.
Oct 3, EDD changed to Oct 16 - Oct 30.
Oct 5, EDD changed to Oct 19 - Nov 16.
Oct 9, EDD changed to Oct 24 - Nov 7 (back to a 2 week window).
Oct 16, got VIN number in page source, EDD still showing Oct 24 - Nov 7.
Oct 17, EDD changed to Oct 30 - Nov 3. VIN # still showing in page source.
Oct 19, delivery scheduled for Nov 3.
Oct 24, delivery changed to Oct 29 (because car arrived earlier than expected).
Oct 29, delivery when smooth without major issues, just a minor trunk trim misalignment that I fixed by myself in 2 minutes adjusting the rubber dead stops. Tesla was willing to fix the trim issue with a service appointment. No needed to waste half of my day visiting the service centre.
Just before accepting delivery, I noticed that the mud flaps were not installed. For Ontario they should come installed. After inquiring several times to my Tesla advisor he acknowledged that they were missing. A service guy showed up to the parking lot and installed them in 5 minutes.
Overall, very happy with the car and the whole experience. One pedal driving, instant airplane acceleration, 8 eyes built in cameras looking for you, high tech software and interface driving for you, and so many more exceptional features. Never going back to fossil car, this is the future.
Oct 30, front bracket with license plate fell off during driving and went missing. Fortunately my daughter found the plastic holder with the plate on the bushes when walking out our dog. It looks like the plate flew away went turning at the first intersection. So whoever installed the holder a the Tesla Kitchener location didn't follow the instructions. Trying now to arrange a mobile service to replace the plate holder and properly install it in my driveway.

I found the "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery“ message very confusing, as it only mentions wire transfer in the page.

Actually, the MVPA mentions certified cheques/bank drafts are other options.

I feel much better to bring a certified cheque to the delivery appointment, since it's cheaper than wire transfer.
I went to Vaughan delivery center yesterday. They said I can pay the balance using bank draft on delivery date.

Lots of SR+ orders here, anyone with a LR order recently?
Mine is LR black/black with Aero wheels ordered October 24th.
Been showing EDD Nov 27th to Dec 25th since.

I ordered a Model 3 LR on October 21. Black/black, Aero wheels. The immediate EDD was simply just "December". The next morning (October 22) it updated to Nov 22 - Dec 20 and hasn't changed since; just checked this morning and it still shows it. No VIN in the source code.

Reactions: Emira
I ordered an white on black SR+ with aero wheels on Aug 17th 2021.

EDD jumped around. Initially, mid Oct - mid Nov, then January, then mid Feb - mid March. Now EDD is listed as September?!?!

Anyone else have this experience? I know Tesla is prioritizing models with options, but that would be a 13 month wait from time of order when initial estimate for delivery was 8-16 weeks?

I ordered an white on black SR+ with aero wheels on Aug 17th 2021.

EDD jumped around. Initially, mid Oct - mid Nov, then January, then mid Feb - mid March. Now EDD is listed as September?!?!

Anyone else have this experience? I know Tesla is prioritizing models with options, but that would be a 13 month wait from time of order when initial estimate for delivery was 8-16 weeks?
That's weird - I ordered an SR+ on Aug 28th and after changing a few times initially, the website is still showing an EDD of Jan 08 - Feb 05 - and it sounds like others in Canada who ordered an SR+ in the second half of Aug have similar EDDs. Even for ordering one now, the website is showing an EDD of June. Did you complete all the registration info? Perhaps it's worth asking your sales advisor why your EDD is so late? Good luck!

Last edited:
Is it safe to say that no one will be receiving new notices to take delivery of their SR+ until January?
I would not say that... I know of two people that ordered in late August who got theirs in the past two weeks. Plus, with the probability growing of the 8K federal tax credit coming back to the US in Jan 2022, a lot of Americans are pushing out their Tesla orders out. Fingers crossed this may be favorable to us in Canada :)

M3 SR+, Pearl White/Black, Areo Wheels no FSD
Order date: Sep 27th
Initial EDD: March
Oct 22 EDD: Jan 29-Feb 18 2022

Yes, you are right! If you change to aero wheels, the EPA range shows up as 438km for the SR+ now, so it's a 15km range increase compared to the NCA version. Too bad the 0-100 time got worse. Still, I think I would take this given the choice, for the slightly longer EPA range, ability to regularly charge to 100%, and better battery longevity (assuming it's like the old LFP version). I wonder when they will start to deliver it? Interestingly the SR- has a better 0-100 time than the SR+ now, so maybe they put a smaller battery in that now, rather than just software limiting it...

Reactions: ESLA
I see a lot of people getting excited over the LFP… but what about cold weather performance? I’ve scoured the net for cold weather reviews, and the little I’ve found seem to suggest it has chalenges with supercharging amongst other things. -10C/-20C will be a daily reality for me once winter comes.

Reactions: Darthbenji