Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had delivery estimate (M3 LR White/White, Aero, No FSD) Apr.4-May.4

Got a call today from Barrie Tesla (Originally Lawrence pickup I chose) that a customer wasn't ready to take theirs and they saw I was ready to go to pickup and if I want it - confirmed it has AMD and 12-volt (forgot to ask about rear double pane glass, but I think thats not even a thing yet)

Told them I hope my QC on car is good - else I will decline, but driving from Durham to Barrie on Saturday for pickup ahead of what was scheduled - i'll take it
VIN xxxxxxxxxx203283 (not sure where/what that means at this point, I stopped looking for a while)

Question - I used to have a SR before, I had 1500 km super charging that I never used, when I put the car back on my app, will that show up again? Or did I lose it? (which would be wierd)
Dont worry on the QC, my car i picked up on the weekend was the exact same a customer didnt accept it so it got pushed to me. I picked up in Barrie as well. My car was flawless with not a single issue.

Delivery was flawless, as always my 5:55AM flight got delayed to 8:15AM; we didnt find out till we were up at 3:30AM and checked our email.

I emailed my SA stating i will be delayed and that wasnt a problem (Pickup was 10:30AM), my flight wasn't scheduled to land till 10:15AM. After landing we Ubered to Barrie (45min ride lol) and i checked my Tesla App and my car showed up, it was 99% charged for me (Probably because they knew i was going to be doing a road trip with it). Upon arrival everything was seamless.. it literally took <30mins to drive away. Checked over the car prior to signing paper work and everything was perfect - not a single flaw on the car!

I must say, this car is amazing. I am blown away by it! I kinda want to get rid of my 2002 Camaro Z28 and roll that money to upgrade to a Model S LOL!

The car had 5KM on it when i picked it up, after spending 3 days in Toronto and headed back home i put $108 of supercharging total for 1714KM driven. Oargf that i stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Sault Ste Marie and had a free charge (Arrived at 18% and charged to 100% that night) so i saved probably close to $30 supercharging.

I had zero range anxiety on the drive, i read lots about using plugshare/ABRP to plan your trip and honestly - just let Tesla plan your route out and it tells you where to stop to charge, for how long and how much battery you will have at the next charging station.

I arrived at many charging stations 16-22% battery life which was +/-3% of what the trip planner predicted.

I have yet to drive it in town as i we just got 19" of snow all last night and today (I made it home Yesterday afternoon ).

If you do have the skills i would suggest pre installing Teslamate prior to your delivery, I've had it running the whole time and collected stats of the trip. - Super cool!
Awesome! Did it come with AMD Ryzen?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your journey home!

I'm patiently waiting for mine (Nov, M3 RWD) and will be doing that trip a couple times a year to my cottage (/camp :p) about 90 mins east of TBay. I'm curious if you've noticed many local Tesla's in NWO and if you know does Tesla provide any kind of service in TBay?

Were you able to use Autopilot on the Trans Canada much past the Soo?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your journey home!

I'm patiently waiting for mine (Nov, M3 RWD) and will be doing that trip a couple times a year to my cottage (/camp :p) about 90 mins east of TBay. I'm curious if you've noticed many local Tesla's in NWO and if you know does Tesla provide any kind of service in TBay?

Were you able to use Autopilot on the Trans Canada much past the Soo?
+1 on camp 😆

There's probably 10 or so Tesla's in town (Mostly M3, i know of one MS). Now +1 M3 haha. We have no service here. Apparently mobile service will come out here but they probably wait for a few calls to request service before they dispatch someone here.

I probably logged close to 400KM on auto pilot on my trip, both divided highway and single lane.

On divided highway its flawless.
When it comes to single lane's on the trans canada, It has its quirks of 'phantom breaking' but i overcome that pretty easily once i understood it (and hopefully software updates fix it).

Here's what i learn't and will save you some time of 'trial and error' to master AP past the Soo :)

1. When there is a transport coming in your direction expect the car the *sugar* bricks. It think's you're going to have a head on collision and will do the warning chimes AND do emergency breaking. This is super dangerous if you have someone following you. I had to learn AP with my wife and son in the car at the time and make sure no one was behind me so i didn't get rear ended. (solution to follow, keep reading)
2. When your are no longer on a divded highway AP restricts cruise control to 100kmh. This sucks. I was cruising 100-125 the whole time.

To overcome both items below here's what you do:

set cruise control to something you won't ever be below (eg. 95kmh). I then controlled the speed with the accellerator pedal and kept the car above 95, usually more around the 100-115kmh speed. When you have your foot on the pedal the car will not apply any form of brakeing automatically. This stops the car from emergency breaking/phantom breaking.

You will still get the head on collsion warning, and i just prepared myself for a warning chime everytime a transport was coming at me. This happened probably 95% of the time, its very predictable. The only times it didnt go off was when we were both coming at eachother on a corner. Very easy to reproduce and hopefully tesla fixes this.

By applying the solution above it:
1. Allows AP to operate beyond 100KMH.
2. Doesn't perform emergency breaking.

Needless to say AP is amazing, i did a good chunk for driving on AP single lane past the soo and it did some crazy winding turns flawless going fast. Truely an engeineering marvel!

+1 on camp 😆

There's probably 10 or so Tesla's in town (Mostly M3, i know of one MS). Now +1 M3 haha. We have no service here. Apparently mobile service will come out here but they probably wait for a few calls to request service before they dispatch someone here.

I probably logged close to 400KM on auto pilot on my trip, both divided highway and single lane.

On divided highway its flawless.
When it comes to single lane's on the trans canada, It has its quirks of 'phantom breaking' but i overcome that pretty easily once i understood it (and hopefully software updates fix it).

Here's what i learn't and will save you some time of 'trial and error' to master AP past the Soo :)

1. When there is a transport coming in your direction expect the car the *sugar* bricks. It think's you're going to have a head on collision and will do the warning chimes AND do emergency breaking. This is super dangerous if you have someone following you. I had to learn AP with my wife and son in the car at the time and make sure no one was behind me so i didn't get rear ended. (solution to follow, keep reading)
2. When your are no longer on a divded highway AP restricts cruise control to 100kmh. This sucks. I was cruising 100-125 the whole time.

To overcome both items below here's what you do:

set cruise control to something you won't ever be below (eg. 95kmh). I then controlled the speed with the accellerator pedal and kept the car above 95, usually more around the 100-115kmh speed. When you have your foot on the pedal the car will not apply any form of brakeing automatically. This stops the car from emergency breaking/phantom breaking.

You will still get the head on collsion warning, and i just prepared myself for a warning chime everytime a transport was coming at me. This happened probably 95% of the time, its very predictable. The only times it didnt go off was when we were both coming at eachother on a corner. Very easy to reproduce and hopefully tesla fixes this.

By applying the solution above it:
1. Allows AP to operate beyond 100KMH.
2. Doesn't perform emergency breaking.

Needless to say AP is amazing, i did a good chunk for driving on AP single lane past the soo and it did some crazy winding turns flawless going fast. Truely an engeineering marvel!
That's awesome! Thanks for all the tips using AP.

One other thing I've been curious about, spotty 3G/LTE coverage. There are stretches on Hwy 17 I know that are complete dead zones for any carrier, some where Bell/Telus only have service and others where Rogers/Tbaytel have coverage but not Bell. Did you happen to notice if the car roams between providers or is it one or the other?

So you’re really only using AP for steering since you have to keep your foot on accelerator pedal the whole time? If you let go, will it just slow down back to 95?
Yeah, and im happy with that for now, this allows me to bypass the 100Km/hr limit it has on non divided highways and stop the emergency braking when a transport is coming my way. Thats what i like about these cars is, i hope, with time it will be fixed vs buying a traditional car - this is how the car would be for its lifetime. I set it low so i am always applying pressure on the accelerator pedal to prevent the phantom braking. If i let it go it will slow down to 95kmh but then im prone to the braking. I have confidence this will get better with time.
That's awesome! Thanks for all the tips using AP.

One other thing I've been curious about, spotty 3G/LTE coverage. There are stretches on Hwy 17 I know that are complete dead zones for any carrier, some where Bell/Telus only have service and others where Rogers/Tbaytel have coverage but not Bell. Did you happen to notice if the car roams between providers or is it one or the other?
We had some spots with no cell service in the car (and both of our cell phones as well). It doesn't show much in terms of the provider it's connected to, we usually noticed it when our internet streaming music would stop. I wish when it gets data/service the music automatically resumes and i dont have to click Play.

Reactions: MrSlippery
Yeah, and im happy with that for now, this allows me to bypass the 100Km/hr limit it has on non divided highways and stop the emergency braking when a transport is coming my way. Thats what i like about these cars is, i hope, with time it will be fixed vs buying a traditional car - this is how the car would be for its lifetime. I set it low so i am always applying pressure on the accelerator pedal to prevent the phantom braking. If i let it go it will slow down to 95kmh but then im prone to the braking. I have confidence this will get better with time.
That is an interesting work around for AP on non-divided highways I will have to try that out. It is not ideal but a better solution to the car slamming on its brakes like I am hearing can happen in those scenarios.

That is an interesting work around for AP on non-divided highways I will have to try that out. It is not ideal but a better solution to the car slamming on its brakes like I am hearing can happen in those scenarios.
I did that in my 2020 model with radar. Keeping your foot on the accelerator lightly ensures that you minimize braking and minimize unwanted acceleration. Great way to optimize your range up and down hills.

My pickup had the following- is this typically normal and all fixable? Service appointment on April 13

-frunk higher one side then other
-trunk alignment, one corner really tight to bumper
-rear bumper you can kind of see the clips from certain angles on both sides where it connects
-steering wheel alignment was slightly off to the right

My pickup had the following- is this typically normal and all fixable? Service appointment on April 13

-frunk higher one side then other
-trunk alignment, one corner really tight to bumper
-rear bumper you can kind of see the clips from certain angles on both sides where it connects
-steering wheel alignment was slightly off to the right
Most of the issues you mentioned could've get fixed right when you received your car. But yet an appointment will get all of them fixed as long as you report to them within 24/48 hours of taking delivery (I'm not 100% sure on this).