Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah right. Elon's tweets are not always very truthful - which is why he is no longer Chairman of Tesla. Perhaps he is partaking of some of Canada's newly legal substances.
OK, a few things I don't buy. #1 - that's NOT why he's no longer Chairman. #2 His tweets are not necessarily not truthful, just not accurate date wise! (OK, that one is not defendable) And #3, I don't think he's a regular user of our newly legal weed.

While it is not a full service center, there is now a Mobile Service Technician based in Winnipeg.

Great news for those of us on the praries!

Do you think one might come to SK?
I really wish we had a sales center here. I will need to go to Calgary to take delivery.
And for service warranty work it means a 850km trip one way.
MB and SK should have service centers. If anyone is going to test the limits of these cars in cold weather it is going to be us.

Reactions: Gen3
Wow. This is pretty shocking. Can locals comment on whether the Calgary Service Centre was very busy? This doesn't bode well for any cities in Canada getting Service Centres other than MTV and Q - unless another province provides big incentives. I wonder if the QC SC is the next to go?

Apparently the Edmonton Ranger is still with us, but that is a brutal move on Tesla's part. Head scratcher.

I mean it's gotta really just be about the dollars right? I think we're all aware the AB market for Tesla is much much smaller than BC, ON & QC. Hopefully uptake in the area increases and they'll put it back sometime soon, but for now...at the end of the day the health of their financials are incredibly important, and if that means ppl in southern AB need to wait for the guy from Edmonton to make his bi-weekly (or whatever) trips, then that is what it is. I'd be interested to see the Calgary ownership numbers vs Vancouver Island, I'd almost wager Vancouver Island would be higher, and assuming they don't have a ranger on the island they're more inconvenienced than the ppl in Calgary.

Really disappointing. The staff aren't all that old so I can't imagine they're going to save a lot of money by cutting back on salaries considering the cost to retrain whoever is hired to replace. The SC was busy last time I was there and the back lot was packed with vehicles on my way home from work tonight. Let's hope all those cars have owners!

Regarding market size... Calgary SC would be capturing a close to a hundred thousand from the east part of BC, all of AB, SK and MB (And that guy up in Yellowknife! :)). That's what... like close to 7 million?!

Reactions: Gen3
Really disappointing. The staff aren't all that old so I can't imagine they're going to save a lot of money by cutting back on salaries considering the cost to retrain whoever is hired to replace. The SC was busy last time I was there and the back lot was packed with vehicles on my way home from work tonight. Let's hope all those cars have owners!

Regarding market size... Calgary SC would be capturing a close to a hundred thousand from the east part of BC, all of AB, SK and MB (And that guy up in Yellowknife! :)). That's what... like close to 7 million?!

There's a guy in Edmonton no? So we're only talking about southern Alberta and a bit of eastern BC here. And it's not about population, it's about sales. Alberta, unlike BC, has no incentives, and is generally much less EV friendly than BC. Ergo, I guarantee sales there are a fraction of those in BC. As far as SK goes, there aren't even any superchargers there, nevermind lack of population and the -40 weather. Tesla's there will be a rare thing indeed.

"A" guy? So, a mobile ranger has to look after the thousands of cars that are spread over a few provinces? Do you know how far Edmonton is from Calgary? Or actual Northern Alberta? Chicken and egg... you have to have a service center (and the staff) to service vehicles you want to sell. AB may not have incentives, but we also have a lot of wealthy folks, no PST and a LOT of Model 3s on the road now, at least compared to where it used to be. Again, you probably don't have much insight into the situation here compared to Vaughan where you can chuck a rock and hit three service centers. Sorry man, you're just helping with the Southern Ontario stereotype.

Reactions: jerry33 and TLej
This is disappointing news considering the direction service needs to go in.
We'll see what happens with this change, at the moment it doesn't make sense to me but maybe there's a bigger plan at work (like moving the service center to Edmonton :D). However, in the absence of communication, this really changes Tesla's trajectory in this part of the world. When people asked about my experience with Tesla, my story used to be "When I got my car three 1/2 years ago, there were two 4-stall Superchargers in the province and a store at a mall in Calgary, and if I needed service Tesla would put my car on a flatbed and send it 1800 km to Vancouver. Since then they have added 8 stalls in Calgary, 8 stalls in Ft McLeod, 8 stalls in Edmonton, and a service center in Calgary so worst-case is a 3 hour drive. Plus a Ranger in Edmonton that can do most things in my driveway." Lots of positives to talk about, and it felt like momentum was growing.

Now my story is "I don't know, things were going good but the Red Deer charger is getting older and busier, they closed their store in Calgary and now they closed their service center too. Doesn't look good."

The timing couldn't be much worse, with more and more 3s around all the time. All those people who bought 3s, people in Saskatchewan who figured a drive to Calgary isn't the worst outcome, now hear about losing their support infrastructure - it's gotta erode their confidence in the company. How many of them will be able to refer friends with confidence?

No, Alberta probably doesn't have the pure ownership numbers of ON, BC, or QC but that situation will be even harder to change now.

This is really unfortunate for anyone in Western Canada who was thinking about a Tesla but hadn't taken the leap, not just current owners.

• Informative
Reactions: shellderp and bpjod
Weird, can you Screenshot the post?
No need to, it was my post - I posted it. Tesla employees posted in the actual thread where all of this started. It was never stated the service centre closed, just that service employees are being let go. People who have spoken to management have stated they are being replaced.

I would wait to see what it going on before jumping to any conclusions, but this is definitely not good news since it has been handled so poorly.

The originall facebook post is linked below:

Zac Smart

• Informative
Reactions: Spacemanspliff