Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawrence SC August 25.
IMG_20140825_124518.jpg

Agree totally...this is way to far, especially for those leaving from Niagara and points West...we need something around Cobourg imo...

TOTALLY! I second the motion on that notion - and then underline and bold it again!
The distance of that gap, as long as left unfilled, is ~ *twice* what it is between most US SCs -- even as there's not even Canadian winter cold down there. Opportunities for convenient SCs abound from Belleville to Cobourg or Port Hope etc etc.

Most people are pretty honest about that sort of thing on PlugShare... at least in my experience. Unfortunately, whoever posted it called it a HPWC instead of Tesla Supercharger when setting it up.

This is likely because users cannot add Superchargers to Plugshare (at least as of my roadtrip in late July). They can only be added by site administrators at the request of Tesla. I tried to add the Squamish location when it first opened but had no access to Supercharger-specific settings. I could only have listed it as a HPWC, which I deemed to be pointless.

Agree totally...this is way to far, especially for those leaving from Niagara and points West...we need something around Cobourg imo...

They originally had a dot somewhere around Belleville-Napanee area. I'm thinking that they probably do still plan to do something there, but not this year and they don't have an actual location scouted. Hopefully not wishful thinking!

Canada really does seem to be an afterthought for Tesla for some reason. My car is coming up on two years old, and it has never been Supercharged.

They originally had a dot somewhere around Belleville-Napanee area. I'm thinking that they probably do still plan to do something there, but not this year and they don't have an actual location scouted. Hopefully not wishful thinking!

Canada really does seem to be an afterthought for Tesla for some reason. My car is coming up on two years old, and it has never been Supercharged.
Disappointing that Canada has been so late to the supercharger party. Unless something happens and happens quickly, it will be another long, cold winter with limited long distance travel. Maybe something is going on behind the scenes and Barrie, Cobourg and Chatham will suddenly appear as under construction?

Status
Not open for further replies.