Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled my C8 order and to my surprise will end up with a Model 3 instead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, this is my first post.

I had a C8 corvette pre-ordered, I had to cancel it for a few reasons completely unrelated to that car. Initially upon cancelling my C8 order it had absolutely nothing to do with a prospective Tesla purchase. But the more I researched alternative vehicles, the more I kept coming back to one unescapable gigantic fact, Teslas are fully electric vehicles. EVERY other car I was considering was not. My list included the Toyora Supra, BMW Z4, Jaguar F-Type, and several other BMW coupes. But a funny thing happened, the more I researched The Model 3, the more archaic and antiquated all those choices seemed to me. It got to the point where I couldn't even fathom choosing one over a Tesla.

So here I am, my current antiquated car an Alfa Romeo Giulia lease is up in November of 2020. A month prior to that I plan on ordering a Model 3 Performance. I think I'm ruined for life regarding ICE vehicles, I simply can't imagine ever buying one of those outdated machines ever again!

Sooooo many of us the same on this forum....

It's a crazy thing that is happening to me. Yesterday I was entering the highway when a beautiful Jaguar F-Type cruised by. I had that moment of adoration and then immediately follow that with "but it burns gas."

I'm a 2 door sports car kind of guy and only my current Alfa has broken that mold in the last 10 years. If I'm being completely honest, I wish the Model 3 came in a coupe. But regardless of the number of doors, the ICE aspect overrules all and other cars don't have a chance with me.

Hi all, this is my first post.
I had a C8 corvette pre-ordered, I had to cancel it for a few reasons completely unrelated to that car. Initially upon cancelling my C8 order it had absolutely nothing to do with a prospective Tesla purchase. But the more I researched alternative vehicles, the more I kept coming back to one unescapable gigantic fact, Teslas are fully electric vehicles. EVERY other car I was considering was not. My list included the Toyora Supra, BMW Z4, Jaguar F-Type, and several other BMW coupes. But a funny thing happened, the more I researched The Model 3, the more archaic and antiquated all those choices seemed to me. It got to the point where I couldn't even fathom choosing one over a Tesla. So here I am, my current antiquated car an Alfa Romeo Giulia lease is up in November of 2020. A month prior to that I plan on ordering a Model 3 Performance. I think I'm ruined for life regarding ICE vehicles, I simply can't imagine ever buying one of those outdated machines ever again!

Welcome to TMC... you made the right choice! :cool:

I've driven all kinds of two-doors [including stints in a Daihatsu Copen and original Dodge Viper] over the years and have enjoyed the rumble of more than one small block, but can't think of internal combustion any way other than belonging to "classic" cars now. The future in this regard is actually here.

Last edited:
Reactions: wipster
It's a crazy thing that is happening to me. Yesterday I was entering the highway when a beautiful Jaguar F-Type cruised by. I had that moment of adoration and then immediately follow that with "but it burns gas."

I'm a 2 door sports car kind of guy and only my current Alfa has broken that mold in the last 10 years. If I'm being completely honest, I wish the Model 3 came in a coupe. But regardless of the number of doors, the ICE aspect overrules all and other cars don't have a chance with me.

Tesla Roadster2 looks better than the Jag =) Too bad you have to wait for it.

Tesla Roadster2 looks better than the Jag =) Too bad you have to wait for it.

I absolutely love the new roadster, however at a cost of 4 Model 3 Performance cars, I think I'll pass.

On a serious note I really do wish Tesla offered a Model 3 coupe or something along the lines of a Z4 or Miata. Unlikely in today's SUV obsessed market, even having a Model 3 seda available is a gift.

My list included the Toyora Supra, BMW Z4, Jaguar F-Type, and several other BMW coupes. But a funny thing happened, the more I researched The Model 3, the more archaic and antiquated all those choices seemed to me. It got to the point where I couldn't even fathom choosing one over a Tesla

Big companies are spending big budgets on advertising trying to hide the truth that you realize.

Yes, Welcome to Our Happy Place!
jumping-smiley-019.gif
action-smiley-066.gif

100%. Absolutely.

If it burns gas, just recycle it as far as I am concerned.

Enjoy the car. There is no doubt in my mind it is one of the finest on the road, without question the finest in its price range.

I absolutely love the new roadster, however at a cost of 4 Model 3 Performance cars, I think I'll pass.

On a serious note I really do wish Tesla offered a Model 3 coupe or something along the lines of a Z4 or Miata. Unlikely in today's SUV obsessed market, even having a Model 3 seda available is a gift.

I doubt they will bother with a (cheaper) 2 door, the sales numbers on them is just too small for them to devote effort towards. Here's Miata:

Mazda MX-5 Miata US car sales figures

What Tesla needs is either high cost low volume, or low cost high volume. They can't do low cost and low volume.

New Vette has gotten great reviews. Great performance combined with good road manners.

It is totally sold out for 2020.

Their roll out is clever, and most Vette owners want the latest and greatest for bragging rights at Corvette meets.

First car is the Stripper, priced at just $59,990. Fantastic value, but most will go out the door around $80,000 with desirable options for louder sounding exhaust and performance suspensions.

They then will roll out the performance model with far greater power and stimulating sound from a larger flat plane V8 design.

Then they will unveil the AWD model with electric motor driving the front wheels and V8 ICE in the back.

Then the ultimate performance model will be released in all electric drive.

This is the way Corvette will evolve into the electric World.

New Vette has gotten great reviews. Great performance combined with good road manners.

It is totally sold out for 2020.

Their roll out is clever, and most Vette owners want the latest and greatest for bragging rights at Corvette meets.

First car is the Stripper, priced at just $59,990. Fantastic value, but most will go out the door around $80,000 with desirable options for louder sounding exhaust and performance suspensions.

They then will roll out the performance model with far greater power and stimulating sound from a larger flat plane V8 design.

Then they will unveil the AWD model with electric motor driving the front wheels and V8 ICE in the back.

Then the ultimate performance model will be released in all electric drive.

This is the way Corvette will evolve into the electric World.
Well if they make the 2020 vette body style into an EV I will buy one.