Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot super charge my antique 2013 S (jan build)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on 2018.50.6 as well and can confirm the issue still persists. Any update from Tesla on when this will be fixed for good? Had to unplug and plug at least 10 times today for it to start charging. Tesla just replaced the charge port as well.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Service center installed 18.50.6. It did not fix my problem. I went immediately to the local chargers and only one worked after several times of pushing lock botton. I also tried it at Jax west location. It did not work. I wanted to go to DC soon, but i cant. I was going to try Kingsland Ga for a test, but until it works here 100% I'm not going to try.
I kepp filing a complaint online with Tesla account. I keep getting "we are working on it". Since v9? Give me a break.
Anyone else having this problem? Have any suggestios on how to get Tesla to fix it?
Oh, i have a 6 Jan 2013 build date.

Any way you look at it, it was a MAJOR screwup by software engineering team (both charger and car teams).not to test on the old cars.
Tesla's IT practices are total, unmitigated garbage. I can now say this definitively (this is far from the first example).

This is now Tesla's biggest weak point, since they're finally addressing the service communications mess (which was their previous biggest weakpoint).

Unfortunately, I know from experience that complete garbage IT practices don't reduce sales. Look at Microsoft.

I worked IT in Army for 20 yrs, moto, test, test, test with E1 private and O6 , then deploy. This did not happen at Tesla.
Not to say any of us are happy with other things changed. No one asked us what we wanted changed, ie, music screen pop up.
I wanted close windows added to my app. And the STUPID chg, we cant close our sunroof over 70mph. That was insane change. I jump on interstate and hit it well over 70 , forget to close roof, have to pull over 3 lanes to get down to 70.
Can you tell i am mad as hech over this v9.

Service center installed 18.50.6. It did not fix my problem. I went immediately to the local chargers and only one worked after several times of pushing lock botton. I also tried it at Jax west location. It did not work. I wanted to go to DC soon, but i cant. I was going to try Kingsland Ga for a test, but until it works here 100% I'm not going to try.
I kepp filing a complaint online with Tesla account. I keep getting "we are working on it". Since v9? Give me a break.
Anyone else having this problem? Have any suggestios on how to get Tesla to fix it?
Oh, i have a 6 Jan 2013 build date.

I thought the problem was the software on the Superchargers themselves, and has nothing to do with your car.

Maybe they are going to fix it as part of the Supercharger V3 rollout that starts on 3/6?

U r correct. They said it was old charger problem.
BUT, problem only appeared after v9 was installed. So u figure?
I still get red ring. Unplug, plug, push button. Some will no work period. AND , is someone is on same number, i will kick them off completely. This was verified by service man going with me to Jax east site. Service man told them, i made videos to show him.
New chargers work fine.

Got email from Tesla. Says the local manger will investigate and fix problem.
This is insane, Vladimer at Draper is a troll.
He did not read my 10 page file since November. OR he is on drugs? Or both.
The last 2 servive managers have told me its up to Fremont to fix the problem. JAX has washed their hands of the problem.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A WAY TO GET TO FREMONT Tech support???
Im trapped at home, all chargers are on every route from here.

Got email from Tesla. Says the local manger will investigate and fix problem.
This is insane, Vladimer at Draper is a troll.
He did not read my 10 page file since November. OR he is on drugs? Or both.
The last 2 servive managers have told me its up to Fremont to fix the problem. JAX has washed their hands of the problem.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A WAY TO GET TO FREMONT Tech support???
Im trapped at home, all chargers are on every route from here.

You should demand a loaner car that you can use until they fix the problem.

Reactions: Araman0
You got to laugh, giggle. Service manager called late yesterday . "Tesla is aware of the problem and is working on a solution"
Went to say they are blaming the charger engineers. Which in itself is a joke. Because this happened last November the day v9 was loaded. V9 will not talk to OLD chargers. To blame charger engineers is so insane. Now 6 months later to say the charger engineers are working on a fix, is even more insane. No, they r working on new high powered charger program. Which brings us to charging or antiques. Good luck on charging my antique S in 15 minutes.
Lets say u worked for Microsoft, u put ot a new version of the OS. It put everyone with a 5 yr PC out of business. How many days would it take for the revision to be fixed? One or 2 days. Not 6 months. And u would be in the unemployment line.
So the saga of antique S' not being able to charge normally goes on. (Not pushing the button many and praying it works).

According to this post in another thread they have updated the firmware in the Superchargers and the problem should be resolved now:

I got a call yesterday from my sc telling new sw has been loaded on all old gen 1 super chagrs and to go test it. I went to the super chargers, low and behold i could charge again.
My service center is in state of turmoil. Everytime i go i meet new faces.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and Rocky_H