TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can't login to Slacker

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by AcidTest, Aug 25, 2017.

1. AcidTest

AcidTest Member

I've searched here and called Tesla but so far I don't have a solution.

I created a Slacker account on their website last weekend. Not premium, just a basic account at the moment. Since then I've tried all week to login on the Streaming tab to my Slacker account in the Model S but after I enter my email & password, it very quickly displays "Unable to login. Please try again later." Seems like it's not even enough delay to have tried to authenticate over the network - it's nearly immediately failing. That suggests to me some setting or something. I see (from 2013 posts) where there used to be a logout in the Settings -> Apps but the interface has long since changed - I don't see any logout type option anywhere.

Anyone have suggestions on this? On the Slacker website I can login, logout, login, see some stations that I set up and customized.

2. Dmhkap

Dmhkap Member

I had the same issue starting about 2 weeks ago I contacted service and was given the email and password for the Tesla account but it appears to be more of a new connectivity issue won't take the Tesla account

3. verdee

verdee Member

Today, I have been getting loading errors on everything I try using lte. It'll load and work on wifi. This is for both my tesla account as well as my own premium account

• Informative x 1
  4. cbdream99

cbdream99 Member

#4 cbdream99, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    I experienced the same problem today with the Tesla account but TuneIn works fine and if it is connected to wi-fi, the slacker works fine. Later on, when I am away from home, I discovered my phone is connected but not showing up in the menu... I moved to disconnect the bluetooth and the slacker started to work again

5. bjwModelS

bjwModelS Member

Slacker has not worked for me for at least 24 hours on LTE.

6. alcibiades

alcibiades Member

My slacker also was failing to work on LTE yesterday. Haven't driven yet today.

7. Dax279

Dax279 Member

Looks like my issues driving home last night was not uncommon. I was thinking it was an LTE issue as I could not get any bars.

8. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

I called Tesla Support this morning. He indicated that they're having known issues with Slacker right now and hope to have it fixed today. The "loading error" is the main symptom, but album art is also missing. He had me reboot the main screen and it helped, but still not 100%. He said they're working on it....

• Informative x 1
  9. plasmo

plasmo Member

#9 plasmo, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    I also have been getting the loading error on Slacker for the past 3 days on my MS and my wife's MX.
    Tunein radio works and it looks like it's a problem with Slacker when using LTE

• Like x 1
  10. cbdream99

cbdream99 Member

That's a fluke - working only yesterday. That's definitely a problem with Slacker/LTE

11. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

Same here. Slacker has been off-line for at least 2-3 days, but Tune-In and local radio works fine.

12. cbdream99

cbdream99 Member

Works with wifi and mobile hotspot , something wrong with Tesla

13. chuckd

chuckd Member

It's not LTE, I have an X with LTE and an older S that does NOT have LTE. Neither has been able to load Slacker for about 3 or 4 days now.

• Informative x 1
  14. alcibiades

alcibiades Member

I imagine LTE was kind of generally being used as shorthand for "cellular connection." But thanks for the info.

In any event, *sugar*'s been broke for days now.

15. f-stop

f-stop Member

#15 f-stop, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    constant Loading Errors on Slacker yesterday and today in my Model S (while on LTE), so streaming audio unusable. I also noticed when it was working the day before that most album art on Slacker was missing. using the standard Tesla login.
    I've had to resort to listening to FM radio!

[edit: just checked and while parked in the garage and on wifi, slacker seems to be working normally]

16. AcidTest

AcidTest Member

I haven't actually noticed any problems playing Streaming stations with default setup, just can't login to my Slacker account.

Tesla rep told me Friday afternoon they would try to reset something from their side within 48 hours. Not sure if Sat/Sun count though.

17. nflfan7

nflfan7 Member

Having same "Loading Error" issue. I pay the $9.99/month for slacker premium so I can listen to any song at any time but still not functioning.

18. CJPonline

CJPonline Member

I'm getting "Loading Error" on Slacker AND when using my USB music.
    Was just updated to v8.1 (2017.32.6 ca28227) by Tesla service on Thursday. Thought that was the issue.
    Sounds like the Slacker issue timing was a coincidence.

19. f-stop

f-stop Member

same here. Loading Errors on USB music is a separate long standing problem, lots of mention elsewhere on TMC, been happening for me over past several months/past few software versions (currently on 17.26.76). In my case I've found that loading errors most likely to happen with .m4a (AAC) files, all of which used to playback just fine. I complained to service but got no response. So add it to the recent Slacker loading errors, and the audio player is currently almost useless.

20. dkoi3d

dkoi3d Member

Exactly the same with me however TUNE-IN works flawlessly on LTE so thinking slacker problem not LTE?