Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't login to Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched here and called Tesla but so far I don't have a solution.

I created a Slacker account on their website last weekend. Not premium, just a basic account at the moment. Since then I've tried all week to login on the Streaming tab to my Slacker account in the Model S but after I enter my email & password, it very quickly displays "Unable to login. Please try again later." Seems like it's not even enough delay to have tried to authenticate over the network - it's nearly immediately failing. That suggests to me some setting or something. I see (from 2013 posts) where there used to be a logout in the Settings -> Apps but the interface has long since changed - I don't see any logout type option anywhere.

Anyone have suggestions on this? On the Slacker website I can login, logout, login, see some stations that I set up and customized.

I experienced the same problem today with the Tesla account but TuneIn works fine and if it is connected to wi-fi, the slacker works fine. Later on, when I am away from home, I discovered my phone is connected but not showing up in the menu... I moved to disconnect the bluetooth and the slacker started to work again

Last edited:
I experienced the same problem today with the Tesla account but TuneIn works fine and if it is connected to wi-fi, the slacker works fine. Later on, when I am away from home, I discovered my phone is connected but not showing up in the menu... I moved to disconnect the bluetooth and the slacker started to work again

That's a fluke - working only yesterday. That's definitely a problem with Slacker/LTE

constant Loading Errors on Slacker yesterday and today in my Model S (while on LTE), so streaming audio unusable. I also noticed when it was working the day before that most album art on Slacker was missing. using the standard Tesla login.
I've had to resort to listening to FM radio!

[edit: just checked and while parked in the garage and on wifi, slacker seems to be working normally]

Last edited:
I haven't actually noticed any problems playing Streaming stations with default setup, just can't login to my Slacker account.

Tesla rep told me Friday afternoon they would try to reset something from their side within 48 hours. Not sure if Sat/Sun count though.

I'm getting "Loading Error" on Slacker AND when using my USB music.
Was just updated to v8.1 (2017.32.6 ca28227) by Tesla service on Thursday. Thought that was the issue.
Sounds like the Slacker issue timing was a coincidence.
same here. Loading Errors on USB music is a separate long standing problem, lots of mention elsewhere on TMC, been happening for me over past several months/past few software versions (currently on 17.26.76). In my case I've found that loading errors most likely to happen with .m4a (AAC) files, all of which used to playback just fine. I complained to service but got no response. So add it to the recent Slacker loading errors, and the audio player is currently almost useless.