Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car and App stating 0 mi/hr, +0mi, 0/32A, 225v

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Trying to charge my car today and it displays the info above. Reset the car and my phone several times to no avail. Also - used several different charging points and chargers in the site.

Has anyone else had this issue?
IMG_9239.jpeg

Hi,

Trying to charge my car today and it displays the info above. Reset the car and my phone several times to no avail. Also - used several different charging points and chargers in the site.

Has anyone else had this issue? View attachment 946497
Reset it and see whether it works. I guess it is SC - then do the reset and see. Mine resolved when I had that problem. Is the charging light red or green or blue? If not check with the 50kw etc., and home charger if possible.

Whilst voltage is within spec, it is a tad on the low side. Some charge points might also have an issue.

The fact that car is not charging at full pilot line 32A, and on first post, is set at 13A would also hint that car might be curtailing charge for some reason. It may think there is a fault so reduce charge current, or something is getting hot - either due to fault or it’s in full sun.

Or something else…

Reactions: diddy84
Others are far more knowledgeable than me but the 219V in the photo is dipping toward an undervoltage level. We use a Gen2 Tesla Wall Connector and it seems quite sensitive to the voltage dropping below 220V and will taper down the draw. It may be related to that, but just a guess.

Reactions: MrBadger
Others are far more knowledgeable than me but the 219V in the photo is dipping toward an undervoltage level. We use a Gen2 Tesla Wall Connector and it seems quite sensitive to the voltage dropping below 220V and will taper down the draw. It may be related to that, but just a guess.
Thanks… I started this on a 3-phase zappi. The same issue. Another car was charging fine. I moved it to a Rolec single phase 7.5kw. The Amps was set to 13 by me and also the charging limit. I have moved it to 32A now. It has started to charge but only getting 11mi / hour with a max draw of 16A.
IMG_9241.jpeg

16A is a mystery, since at 224V it shouldn't be tapering (if it works like our TWC). I presume you have exhausted all the easy answers but I will ask -- what charge cable are you using or are these wall connectors with integrated cables?

Hi - it’s my Tesla blue charging cable I’m using ATM. The voltage is fluctuating from 217-228v
I suspect it’s because the voltage is fluctuating so much. The car uses voltage stability to determine if there is a potential fault, which may lead to it curtailing charge rate in an attempt to stabilise things.

IMG_0069.jpeg

Getting the supply voltage checked would give indication of where the fault may lie - car/charge point or supply etc.

Reactions: diddy84
Could it just be load sharing between different chargers? What sort of 'site' is this? We recently started charging ours at my wife's work for the first time and saw something similar. Initially started charging full 16A (3 phase, so full 11 kW) but I noticed it going up and down all over the place, including sometimes reading 0 like yours. Another thing it would do, that you seem to have not experienced, is stop charging completely and send a notification. Would stop and start like this several times. Eventually got going 11 kW for a good period and ended up fully charging in the day. All for free, which was nice. I put the fluctuation down to load sharing between all the other charging cars as they sure as hell don't have 11 kW for everyone all the time! But I don't know if that's what it really is. My car has recently been in service to check charging port, charging, etc, and have a brand new cable.

Last edited:
Could it just be load sharing between different chargers? What sort of 'site' is this? We recently started charging ours at my wife's work for the first time and saw something similar. Initially started charging full 16A (3 phase, so full 11 kW) but I noticed it going up and down all over the place, including sometimes reading 0 like yours. Another thing it would do, that you seem to have not experienced, is stop charging completely and send a notification. Would stop and start like this several times. Eventually got going 11 kW for a good period and ended up fully charging in the day. All for free, which was nice. I put the fluctuation down to load sharing between all the other charging cars as they sure as hell don't have 11 kW for everyone all the time! But I don't know if that's what it really is. My car has recently been in service to check charging port, charging, etc, and have a brand new cable.
I don’t think it was load sharing between chargers. However I do thing the demand at that site was huge and could have led to the fluctuations. I have seen the car throttle the charge to 16A before when using podpoints previously, but never made the connection with voltage fluctuations.

Site? Camp site? Named public charger company/location?
It was a private business that had several 3-phase Zappis as well as 7.4kw Rolecs. I’m not naming the business. However, my car showed the same info on both initially (I.e 0mi/hr… etc). It then started to charge at 16A on the rolec after about half an hour. I’ve never had this before.

On the zappi, the MD had a Mercedes that was charging 10kw no bother. Btw I tried 3 Zappis and 2 rolecs. We even swapped the MD’s Merc around and I plugged into the Zappi he was using… plugging it into my car sent the Zappi into fault and wouldn’t reboot afterwards.