Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car doesn't recognize J1772...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware
So I just got my X home - still kinda in shock that nothing went wrong, but I think I'm going to like it - and plugged it in to the EVSEUpgrade modified Nissan J1772 240V cable I've been using to charge my Volt for more than 4 years.

The charge port lights white when I open the door, then goes out when I plug the cable in. I can here the EVSE clicking relays - then nothing happens. The charging screen comes up, but shows 0V. The EVSE shows green status, no charging happening.

Any ideas?

I've got the UMC plugged in to a 120V line for now and the car seems to be charging fine off of that.

So I just got my X home - still kinda in shock that nothing went wrong, but I think I'm going to like it....
Congrats! As for the EVSE, I have no idea other than the reality that J1772 equipment occasionally has inter-operation compatibility problems due to slightly different interpretations of the standard.

OP I had a similar issue. Turns out my J1772 adapter was defective...luckily another Tesla owner was in the area and lent me his, otherwise I would not have been able to return home for another day (Tesla offered to overnight me one)...This was about 500 miles from home!