Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Hacking Research: Remote Attack Tesla Motors by Keen Security Lab

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems like a newer version of the "Paint fake lines on the road" exploit that was used to make lane keep assist enabled cars drive into oncoming traffic lanes. I think any system that uses visual cues to choose its path will be susceptible, even people.

Reactions: scottf200
This seems like a newer version of the "Paint fake lines on the road" exploit that was used to make lane keep assist enabled cars drive into oncoming traffic lanes. I think any system that uses visual cues to choose its path will be susceptible, even people.
Good point. In the past year I've been on some pretty goofy old+temp_new_lines in construction areas (with both hands on the wheel) while in AP. It handles them almost perfectly and way better than I expected. Often in construction they will peal/grind up the old lines. Sometimes they haven't gotten to that yet or just left them and hope people follow the temp_new_lines. Reasonably easy for a human if they are paying attention.