Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car hit while parked.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, My car was hit while it was parked. I got all the information and I talked with her dad and told me he would rather avoid insurance.
That is fine with me but since its a leased car would it be problem later on when I'm returning the car? Would there be a extra charge when the car when I go through tesla repairs? Is not going thorugh insurance a even a better idea? Thanks in advance.
KakaoTalk_Photo_2024-03-04-17-32-32.jpeg

My car was also hit when parked. It costed $14K to repair the driver side rear quarter panel and bumper. Sadly, the other party only has $10K property damage so my insurance picks up the rest of the cost.

Attachments

• 20231229_080853.jpg
    20231229_080853.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20231229_100209.jpg
    20231229_100209.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2023-12-29 081505.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-29 081505.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Informative
Reactions: Skavatar
Upvote 0
My car was also hit when parked. It costed $14K to repair the driver side rear quarter panel and bumper. Sadly, the other party only has $10K property damage so my insurance picks up the rest of the cost.

..why wouldn't your insurance company be taking the other party to court for the 4k their own insurance didn't cover?

Upvote 0
A friend of mine backed into my 2020 M3 while it was parked on her property. She also asked if I would let her pay for the repairs rather than go thru insurance. We both are covered by the same insurance company. We both asked our agents (different agents, because we live in different parts of MA) what was the break even amount which would make avoiding insurance make sense. Each agent said that in MA it was cheaper in the long run to avoid insurance if the cost of repairs was going to be less then $5000. Of course that figure varies from state to state. My repairs came to just over $9000 so we let insurance pay for it.

Upvote 0
Get an estimate from a body shop and let the other party know what it will cost plus some amount of money for the hassle and rental car. If they want to cover that personally, that’s fine. If not, insurance. And if they didn’t want to go through insurance, they shouldn’t have hit your car. What they want now doesn’t matter…

Upvote 0