Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won’t wake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla service have told me this is being caused by a "known software characteristic" that is under investigation by the engineering team and it will be resolved by a software update. No timeline on that and they suggest using sentry mode to mitigate for times when the car needs to be online. The guy also said that he is seeing a trend in MY 2023.20.9 cars having this issue, and with that they have closed the service request.

This seems to be fixed for me now.

I can see the car is fully asleep via ChargeHQ and when opening the Tesla app, I see the usual ‘Last seen’ which after a few seconds updates and shows the current status as you’d expect.

To confirm, no update has been installed but I know Tesla can push stuff to the fleet without the need to download/install.

So it looks like they have tweaked something with their cellular provider so the SMS wake commands are getting through again.

Reactions: Parrog
Just checed and seeing the same behaviour. I don’t have something like chargeHQ to check its state before I open the app, but I have looked at DHCP connections and disconnections on my router and it does look like opening the app is triggering connection now.

Hopefully it’s not messing with us @Arran Sheppard 😆

If it carries on I’ll set up an Intelligent Octopus charge tonight to test it being woken in the early hours. It was that failing last week that first raised a red flag.
I think we’re all good now. I’ve just seen on some Facebook groups I’m in other owners are confirming it’s working for them again too.

Reactions: Parrog