Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars keep crashing into me...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got the same problem. Happens when I’m moving as well. Here’s a car at a light about 3-4 feet to my right. See the screen, we are overlapping.

Attachments

• 2E06E88F-0905-4CE0-A0D4-86C13B3AAF07.jpeg
    2E06E88F-0905-4CE0-A0D4-86C13B3AAF07.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 175
We saw something similar to this in the earlier versions of the AP 2.x software - with the lane lines dancing around, even when at a full stop. This is much better today. And I expect that as they refine the object recognition software for the surrounding vehicles, the display will smooth out.

Though, until we see that, I wouldn't trust the display 100% - and will continue to do visual checks before lane changes (even if they enable the promised navigate on autopilot feature).

Yes, same with me in the MS, cars jiggling and ping ponging, and in my March 2017 MS, the display is laggy compared to where traffic actually is. I hope that this is not reflective of the real-time data used for decisioning, because the a car pulling up from behind and passing me can sometimes be a full car length ahead of it's avatar on the screen.

I wonder why they can't keep the lane departure warning in the center screen all the time on.. basically to see a red line the moment you are trying to cross a lane if a car is close by. It only displays in autopilot mode when you try to change lanes.

I see this, too, but it seems to happen only during stops. Fortunately, when moving it seems to work pretty reliably. At stop lights, it's humorous, not a problem and not distracting. It'll be improved in future releases. For now, I consider this implementation of Blind Spot detection a significant addition, possibly even better than the LEDs in outside mirrors that has been the industry standard. Importantly, the competitors' BS systems will remain the same for the life of those cars, while ours will continually get better. I'm gradually learning that patience with Tesla software is almost always rewarded.

I see something like that all the time in version 9. When driving too. Cars behind and in front of me in adjacent lanes are often pictured as if they are intruding my lane, while they are clearly in the middle of their own lanes.
I wonder if this is just a software glitch, or perhaps side cameras need to be calibrated?
Is there any way to initiate some sort of camera self-calibration?