Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Categories of most screwed Tesla owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla should have a slogan: We'll screw you. And you'll like it. That way people will have full warning. I've definetly enjoyed getting screwing for the last two years. Having bought a fairly base model I'm not as affected. My concern is for those that bought the $150,000 models. But wait, why are you selling your car? To buy a newer MS? Well hey they just got a lot cheaper, so you won't need as much from your old MS to afford one.

Tesla should have a slogan: We'll screw you. And you'll like it. That way people will have full warning. I've definetly enjoyed getting screwing for the last two years. Having bought a fairly base model I'm not as affected. My concern is for those that bought the $150,000 models. But wait, why are you selling your car? To buy a newer MS? Well hey they just got a lot cheaper. So you won't need as much from your old MS to afford one.

Lol the 3 is my dream car. I’m keeping it at least 10 years (assuming it lasts that long). I don’t get how people have enough money to own multiple Teslas or just upgrade every couple years. (Although now that the affordable versions are here this is a lot more possible).

Tesla should have a slogan: We'll screw you. And you'll like it. That way people will have full warning. I've definetly been enjoying my screwing for the last two years. Having bought a fairly base model I'm not as affected. My concern is for those that bought the $150,000 models. But wait, why are you selling your car? To buy a newer MS? Well hey they just got a lot cheaper. So you won't need as much from your old MS to afford one.
HAHAHA, you just reminded me of my old Cabinet company slogan "We'll burn you but you'll get a quality product" it was an inside the company slogan obviously!

In light of today's price drop..."most screwed"
Only going to pick on the things that affected me.

2 - Model S P85 owners that bought cars that were far less powerful than advertised.
My P85DL still makes me grin from ear-to-ear whenever I push the go pedal to the floor.
Understand those upset with the 691HP snafu but I'm too busy :D:D when I drive.

5 - Model S P85 owners who missed the window for ludicrious upgrade.
Nagged the local service centre until I got it.
Next traffic light, I went :D:D:D.

The price drop = Huge improvement in Tesla affordability here in Australia. They were getting pretty much out of most people's range due to the marked devaluation in the Australian Dollar vs the US Dollar. They are now back into a price range where they are aspirational rather than unaffordable.

Yeah, it affects the resale value of mine, but such is the life of the early adopter.

People who bought the Model S/X P100D with Full Self Driving. They just saw their car instantly depreciate by 35-40K. I learned a huge lesson here with this whole repricing fiasco. Tesla is not owner friendly.They are like any other car company and will devalue your car and flood the market as long as they make a buck. The 40K price cuts on the top end models hurts people really bad.

Reactions: turtlesz
Hmmm.....

Looks like they are giving away EAP for FREE now!!!!

More screwing goin on.

Thanks Tesla for charging me $5k for what is now free.

I used to feel guilty for using SuperChargers for free.....now? lol

You mean AP? I don't think EAP exists anymore. It's included, but the price of the car has also gone up. I believe this is a good move in the long run since Tesla can now collect more autopilot data improving the system for everyone.

Reactions: Atari2600
Man....bunch of crybabies here. Have you ever considered that the standard deviation of tesla pricing (even with all the "crazy" fluctuations) is still way smaller than the pricing for pretty much any ICE car where you can negotiate and the dealers regularly throw out incentives at end of quarter/end of year?

The problem isn't Tesla changing the prices, it's that we pretty much know what everyone paid for their cars because outside of demo cars there isn't really much wiggle room on the price in Tesla's model.

You made the purchase when you made it and agreed to a price. Tesla is also correcting prices on cars that haven't been delivered yet. There will always be someone caught out in the cold, but that's just how it is.

And before making statements like EAP is now free and I paid 5k for it....do some research, EAP no longer exists and the price of the models increased when they bundled AP (which is way less functional than EAP), so your statement isn't even close to factual.

Man....bunch of crybabies here. Have you ever considered that the standard deviation of tesla pricing (even with all the "crazy" fluctuations) is still way smaller than the pricing for pretty much any ICE car where you can negotiate and the dealers regularly throw out incentives at end of quarter/end of year?

The problem isn't Tesla changing the prices, it's that we pretty much know what everyone paid for their cars because outside of demo cars there isn't really much wiggle room on the price in Tesla's model.

You made the purchase when you made it and agreed to a price. Tesla is also correcting prices on cars that haven't been delivered yet. There will always be someone caught out in the cold, but that's just how it is.

And before making statements like EAP is now free and I paid 5k for it....do some research, EAP no longer exists and the price of the models increased when they bundled AP (which is way less functional than EAP), so your statement isn't even close to factual.

I think it just hurts knowing you can get the same car for thousands of dollars less now. I didn’t keep track of model s or x pricing but I know there were pricing changes a lot but not generally massively in the buyer’s favor like these have been. As someone who really stretched their budget to get a LR RWD due to fear of missing out on the tax credit and the uncertainty of when the SR might ever come, it would be nice to be paying $100/mo less right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ebmcs03
I think it just hurts knowing you can get the same car for thousands of dollars less now. I didn’t keep track of model s or x pricing but I know there were pricing changes a lot but not generally massively in the buyer’s favor like these have been. As someone who really stretched their budget to get a LR RWD due to fear of missing out on the tax credit and the uncertainty of when the SR might ever come, it would be nice to be paying $100/mo less right now.
For sure it hurts....but one should expect prices to fluctuate/go down as new tech makes it to mainstream. People are just setting themselves up for pain by tracking what people paid months after they purchased.

Not sure folks here know about the Cadillac ELR? Basically a volt with a bit more tech a sexiness, but over double the MSRP. But many people picked one up for 20-30k less...*sugar* happens.

Don't get me wrong, price changes suck. At least tesla is adjusting prices on orders not delivered. Someone will always be on the other side of the cut. But, I would like to see someone who bought an ICE car try and get a retroactive refund because their neighbor got a 'better deal'.

For sure it hurts....but one should expect prices to fluctuate/go down as new tech makes it to mainstream. People are just setting themselves up for pain by tracking what people paid months after they purchased.

Not sure folks here know about the Cadillac ELR? Basically a volt with a bit more tech a sexiness, but over double the MSRP. But many people picked one up for 20-30k less...*sugar* happens.

Don't get me wrong, price changes suck. At least tesla is adjusting prices on orders not delivered. Someone will always be on the other side of the cut. But, I would like to see someone who bought an ICE car try and get a retroactive refund because their neighbor got a 'better deal'.

I guess I just know I learned my lesson that buying even a year after a new model comes out is not long enough to wait when it comes to Tesla lol. So crazy that instead of $55,500 - $7500 I could pay $41,000 - $3750 to meet my needs today. (There was no SR or regular AP when I bought mine)

8 - Model 3P+ owners with white seats and keeping FUSC.

Nah. I don't think so. Two things. While I want my money's worth, I want to support Tesla and its mission. I'm not going to hassle over $5k. Tesla can do what it wants with it. Second, sc rates aren't always going to stay the same. If Tesla raises sc rates, then those people who use the sc often or as their only source of charge will feel it. Everyone is in a different boat, for me it worked out fine. If Tesla fails, we're all screwed so let it be. Keep the $5k and gimme my free sc for life.

The other items on the list I can't disagree with.