Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Categories of most screwed Tesla owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it just hurts knowing you can get the same car for thousands of dollars less now. I didn’t keep track of model s or x pricing but I know there were pricing changes a lot but not generally massively in the buyer’s favor like these have been. As someone who really stretched their budget to get a LR RWD due to fear of missing out on the tax credit and the uncertainty of when the SR might ever come, it would be nice to be paying $100/mo less right now.

I can buy a ten times better TV now than I could a few years ago too. I'm not complaining and neither should you. Do you think Tesla can increase prices and stay in business? You do want them to stay in business, right?

AP or EAP..whatever….you know what I mean.

EAP = 3000
Price increase is 2000

Right?

Close enough.

I'm conflicted on this thread since I paid $5k for EAP on M3 #1 (and got ripped off). Skipped EAP on the second M3, but then had to jump in for AP at the short-lived price of $2k (and got a steal, until Elon comes up with a Holiday special next winter!).

btw: EAP includes auto-lane change while AP does not. (expect that they'll add ALC eventually at a small price increase.) AutoLaneChange has graduated to FSD.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I can buy a ten times better TV now than I could a few years ago too. I'm not complaining and neither should you. Do you think Tesla can increase prices and stay in business? You do want them to stay in business, right?

Of course I do. I’ve even considered trading in my LR RWD for an SR+ but I don’t want to put $10k down again and I wouldn’t get anything for my LR trade in wise because I owe pretty much exactly what I would get trade value wise. So it would only be $75/mo cheaper for 85 less miles of range and lose the other long range features (EAP)

Nah. I don't think so. Two things. While I want my money's worth, I want to support Tesla and its mission. I'm not going to hassle over $5k. Tesla can do what it wants with it. Second, sc rates aren't always going to stay the same. If Tesla raises sc rates, then those people who use the sc often or as their only source of charge will feel it. Everyone is in a different boat, for me it worked out fine. If Tesla fails, we're all screwed so let it be. Keep the $5k and gimme my free sc for life.

The other items on the list I can't disagree with.

I am part of category # 8. So far I have held on to FUSC for economically irrational decisions (I am an economist) but I am not blind to the risks in addition to forgoing 5K.

FUSC ends for us when

1.) Cat is totaled
2.) Battery is dead
3.) Tesla advances to where the 2018 Model 3 is just too far behind in capability to be desirable to drive.

Think Model S pre AP and no parking sensors.

Reactions: Kant.Ing
Close enough.

I'm conflicted on this thread since I paid $5k for EAP on M3 #1 (and got ripped off). Skipped EAP on the second M3, but then had to jump in for AP at the short-lived price of $2k (and got a steal, until Elon comes up with a Holiday special next winter!).

btw: EAP includes auto-lane change while AP does not. (expect that they'll add ALC eventually at a small price increase.) AutoLaneChange has graduated to FSD.

I paid $5k as well...and now its $2k.

Have I had $3k worth of fun with it......hmmmm…..let me think about that.

Really?...AutoLaneChange is now a part of FSD?

• Love
Reactions: john85775
I am part of category # 8. So far I have held on to FUSC for economically irrational decisions (I am an economist) but I am not blind to the risks in addition to forgoing 5K.

FUSC ends for us when

1.) Cat is totaled
2.) Battery is dead
3.) Tesla advances to where the 2018 Model 3 is just too far behind in capability to be desirable to drive.

Think Model S pre AP and no parking sensors.
Since you still have FUSC, can I ask if Supercharging rates show up on your in car map? They don't on mine.

Tesla was supposed to be transparent, upfront pricing, unlike traditional auto manufacturers
They are transparent....the price on the website is what you pay. I think some folks on here need to look up the definition of transparent...it certainly doesn't say transparent means you aren't allowed to change price (the price everyone pays at that time) and/or consolidate product offerings to make a company profitable....

Again, like I said before: people are freaking out about a 1-2k difference in price. I can guarantee you if you have ever bought a used car, new car, house, etc that someone paid way less than you did for the same thing...you just didn't know about it.

How many co workers do people here have that make the exact same amount of money? None, because companies don't publish everyone's salaries for obvious reasons.

But, if a company published everyone's salaries, and decided to give everyone the exact same raise (or pay cut) would you consider that less fair than a place where some people make +/- 20k/year just because they negotiated better when being hired?

Seems to me that the fictional company above that published salaries would be the definition of transparent.....

Reactions: vickh
They are transparent....the price on the website is what you pay. I think some folks on here need to look up the definition of transparent...it certainly doesn't say transparent means you aren't allowed to change price (the price everyone pays at that time) and/or consolidate product offerings to make a company profitable....

Again, like I said before: people are freaking out about a 1-2k difference in price. I can guarantee you if you have ever bought a used car, new car, house, etc that someone paid way less than you did for the same thing...you just didn't know about it.

How many co workers do people here have that make the exact same amount of money? None, because companies don't publish everyone's salaries for obvious reasons.

But, if a company published everyone's salaries, and decided to give everyone the exact same raise (or pay cut) would you consider that less fair than a place where some people make +/- 20k/year just because they negotiated better when being hired?

Seems to me that the fictional company above that published salaries would be the definition of transparent.....

What about public employees? Their salaries are published.

What is the difference between Tesla changing pricing on their direct sale model vs. traditional auto manufacturers offering different incentive packages at different times of the year?

Tesla's advertising on their website said something like this: ( in the tone of an ICE car vendor fire sale ).

-----
"Hey folks: Get EAP now for $3k. Get it now while its hot. "

"Get it now because if you don't and wait until after you buy the car it will be $5k. Hurry - Get it now. "
------

Folks scrambled around and scraped up money / sacrificed other things in life.

Then they purchased EAP or AP...who cares what its called...AND NOW.....AND NOW....its not $3k during the purchase or $5k after purchase.
Its less.

People are saying …."Hey...I didn't have to scrape up money and sacrifice like I did. Unlike Tesla said...the price didn't go up..it went down". "It wasn't a fire sale.....they didn't tell the truth". "They tricked me". "I could have waited". "Its only been 5 months....didn't they know the price was dropping"?

ALSO..

An ICE incentive is a "sale" to get people in or to move inventory. Then when the sale/incentive is over...the price goes back up to the original price.
Tesla isn't doing that.
They are forever changing the price of the item. Its not an incentive or a sale. Its not a temporary price reduction.
Its different than an ICE vendor incentive.

Those are the issues.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: 03DSG and Kant.Ing
You’re joking, right? So what? Obviously you found it worth it to spend $3,000 on it. Ask Tesla for reimbursement. If they deny it so be it.

Not at all joking. I had the car just a few days and was told it would be $4000 to buy AP if I didn't buy it at time of purchase. I have used AP maybe twice, and mostly just to test it out.

It's not like I've owned the car for 6 months already or anything like that.

How happy would you be to use AP for $500 per activation?