Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS - buy now or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We used ours again in qualicum beach BC. No superchargers in this area.

A few days ago we charged at an ELectrify Canada. Here is a screenshot. We have used it at least a half dozen times. Flawless.

View attachment 852907
Ditto. Just got A2 Z CCS adapter and tried it for first time at an EV go in preparation for our first road trip to Tofino. Worked great.

Reactions: IronmanMYP
Ditto. Just got A2 Z CCS adapter and tried it for first time at an EV go in preparation for our first road trip to Tofino. Worked great.
Coincidence. We are at little qualicum falls campground right now. We have been using our A2Z adapter regularly on this trip. Headed for ucluelet today pulling our trailer. Couldn’t do it without an adapter.

710C662F-A5C3-491F-9555-4349A7C7037E.jpeg

Good to know. Hoping the DC charger at Pacific Rim center will hold us for week in Tofino.
You are good to go. We sucked up about 10 Kwh of electrons while we were checking out the visitors centre and getting some local info.

Oh, and quite the road between port Alberni and Ucluelet. Crazy twisty and turny, lots to see and good pullouts for exploring, very steep grades and about 16 kilometres of construction. If you are pulling a trailer take your time and all will be fine.

Good luck.

BD809A65-1C93-4F07-90B5-9F914E74C9AC.jpeg

Last edited:
You are good to go. We sucked up about 10 Kwh of electrons while we were checking out the visitors centre and getting some local info.

Oh, and quite the road between port Alberni and Ucluelet. Crazy twisty and turny, lots to see and good pullouts for exploring, very steep grades and about 16 kilometres of construction. If you are pulling a trailer take your time and all will be fine.

Good luck.

View attachment 853749
Thanks so much for the beta. Good luck on the rest of your trip.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Coincidence. We are at little qualicum falls campground right now. We have been using our A2Z adapter regularly on this trip. Headed for ucluelet today pulling our trailer. Couldn’t do it without an adapter.

View attachment 853605
The charger in Uclulet isn't great. Took me a while to get working. Sometimes there is some food across the highway you can get to eat while charging, but you can have a picnic in your teardrop so it will be OK. But there are sure nicer places to have a picnic around there!

With your reduced range you will need to stop there a few times. There's also some level 2 charging at the docks where the kayak tours go from, which is handy if it's not full -- it was full when we went kayaking.

The charger in Uclulet isn't great. Took me a while to get working. Sometimes there is some food across the highway you can get to eat while charging, but you can have a picnic in your teardrop so it will be OK. But there are sure nicer places to have a picnic around there!

With your reduced range you will need to stop there a few times. There's also some level 2 charging at the docks where the kayak tours go from, which is handy if it's not full -- it was full when we went kayaking.
We actually only stopped to charge here while we were getting info from the visitors centre, really just to confirm serviceability of the charger for the other poster as we didn’t really need to charge. We were getting around 47 kw using the A2Z adapter. Maybe 15 minutes. Then we found our campground and plugged in overnight. We are at 80 percent and ready to explore up the coast. We are here for a few days and then headed for comox. We’ll charge at port Alberni for a while and then on to the campground in Comox.

Last edited:
We actually only stopped to charge here while we were getting info from the visitors centre, really just to confirm serviceability of the charger for the other poster as we didn’t really need to charge. We were getting around 47 kw using the A2Z adapter. Maybe 15 minutes. Then we found our campground and plugged in overnight. We are at 80 percent and ready to explore up the coast. We are here for a few days and then headed for comox. We’ll charge at port Alberni for a while and then on to the campground in Comox.
Oh, duh -- of course you would be going to campgrounds. Sadly, a lot of campgrounds in BC only have TT-30. Yeah, I charged at the Walmart in Port Alberni, needed the shopping anyway. There's decent charging to be had up the east side of the island.

Oh, duh -- of course you would be going to campgrounds. Sadly, a lot of campgrounds in BC only have TT-30. Yeah, I charged at the Walmart in Port Alberni, needed the shopping anyway. There's decent charging to be had up the east side of the island.
Yah that charge site in port Alberni is kind of trailer friendly as well depending on how busy the parking lot is.

We almost always camp at 30 amp sites. We bought the TT30 adapter for the tesla MCU so we get about a 3 kw charge. Good enough for a decent charge overnight and certainly good enough if we are in one spot for more than a day, which is quite often.

Cheers.

Yah that charge site in port Alberni is kind of trailer friendly as well depending on how busy the parking lot is.

We almost always camp at 30 amp sites. We bought the TT30 adapter for the tesla MCU so we get about a 3 kw charge. Good enough for a decent charge overnight and certainly good enough if we are in one spot for more than a day, which is quite often.

Cheers.
2 nights no problem. But overnight, with 10-12 hour stay should not get you much more than 100 to 120 miles or just 50 with the trailer. Better than nothing but not enough to trek through many areas. I also carry a TT-30 adapter but have only used it twice. The first time I tried, it didn't work and I was mad but it turned out the pedestals were broken, not the adapter! I don't have the aftermarket adapter, just the cheaper TT-30 to 14-50 EV version which does require special care to turn down to 24a. Tesla should do that on its own, realizing that there is no source of 120v at more than 30a to be found.

2 nights no problem. But overnight, with 10-12 hour stay should not get you much more than 100 to 120 miles or just 50 with the trailer. Better than nothing but not enough to trek through many areas. I also carry a TT-30 adapter but have only used it twice. The first time I tried, it didn't work and I was mad but it turned out the pedestals were broken, not the adapter! I don't have the aftermarket adapter, just the cheaper TT-30 to 14-50 EV version which does require special care to turn down to 24a. Tesla should do that on its own, realizing that there is no source of 120v at more than 30a to be found.
Yah. With the proper adapter it automatically limits to 24 amps. And if the voltage is under 111 volts it will further limit to 18 amps.

And yes it would take a full day of charging if empty but we seldom arrive anywhere less than 25 percent. Our trailer is a 30 amp trailer so we generally never rent 50 amp 240 volt sites. It hasn’t been a issue so far for us and we have toured at least half of Canada with our little combo. Way fun.

Officially available from Tesla us shop.

Officially available from Tesla us shop.

What's the over/under on days before it sells out? :cool: