Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Retrofit Availability (2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting a bit concerned this is never gonna happen. The non-CCS compatible portion of the Tesla fleet is growing smaller by the day. Maybe it's no longer a priority for them to support upgrades.

I'm tempted to source a part and do it myself, but I'm also a bit chicken that I'll mess something up.

• Funny
Reactions: cdswm3
I'm getting a bit concerned this is never gonna happen. The non-CCS compatible portion of the Tesla fleet is growing smaller by the day. Maybe it's no longer a priority for them to support upgrades.

I'm tempted to source a part and do it myself, but I'm also a bit chicken that I'll mess something up.
I’m having the same concern as well. Did you ask a Service Center recently? There is a free 50kw charger near me that I can never use because it is CCS.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3

You could always buy the part today from Tesla, and just hold onto it and see if they do the official update, then when you go in give them the part..and then at least if Tesla overall pulls the upgrade option directly you have the part and can have it done third party with the wiring harness (which will always be available) and you have the Tesla hard product.

You could always buy the part today from Tesla, and just hold onto it and see if they do the official update, then when you go in give them the part..and then at least if Tesla overall pulls the upgrade option directly you have the part and can have it done third party with the wiring harness (which will always be available) and you have the Tesla hard product.
Unfortunately my local service center seems unwilling to sell it directly.

I sent a service request asking about the CCS retrofit for Model 3 and this was their response. Not very promising. After this, I’m just going to stop asking or investigating about it:

IMG_6778.png

All older Tesla's will still need to retrofit to be NACS complaint and use 3rd party NACS (DC) stations. If anything, NACS becoming ubiquitous will increase the demand for the retrofit.

with the advent of the trunk retrofit being made available (https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-3-powered-liftgate-retrofit) it would be good to kill 2 birds with 1 stone so only 1 trip to the shop is required. hopefully they say something about CCS retrofits in the near future...

Is anyone aware if the retrofit is needed to use upcoming non-Tesla NACS stations ? I don’t mean those with a chademo adapter embedded in them but actual NACS. I’m assuming those will “speak” CCS rather than proprietary Tesla protocol ?