Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 from TESPLUS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, well, well. I finally got the A2Z adapter. :eek: 1 day delivery, I paid the extra extra fees, my road trip was planed for this sunday so I needed it as we are going to BC, Canada departing SF.
First impression, it feels really solid. My neighbour's adapter is the Tesla one and they are similar in weight. It feels like a premium product to be honest. I went to an EVgo station and it charges like a charm. I only tested it for a couple of minutes on my 2022 Model 3. I was at 47% and it reached 164kW. Let's see how it's going to behave on this roadtrip.
More posts coming on the experience guys! :cool:
Can you show a picture of the other end? Does it have the locking pin?

Tesla should start selling this soon. I don't understand what is the holdup.
In any case it is reasonably to think replicas will appear soon enough. from what I understand the logic is in the car and not in the adapter. electronically should be a simple device. Probably they wont be a perfect replicas, but maybe even better.

In my case I live in the East coast(VA), I had drive from NY to FL and even to IL. never needed the CCS1 so far. I understand the flexibility but I can wait to see the options even if Tesla finally start selling it.

Reactions: sleepydoc
In any case it is reasonably to think replicas will appear soon enough. from what I understand the logic is in the car and not in the adapter. electronically should be a simple device. Probably they wont be a perfect replicas, but maybe even better.
Just something to keep in mind: you can't use EVGo's chargers with a non-Tesla adapter. (Well technically you can but it is against their terms of service.)

Authorized Charging Adapters
For your safety, EVgo only permits the use of automaker-manufactured charging adapters on EVgo charging stations or with EVgo’s charging network (“Authorized Adapters”). Authorized Adapters include 1) Tesla AC adapters for use with EVgo AC chargers; 2) Tesla-manufactured, authorized, and/or endorsed adapters (e.g. the CHAdeMO adapters available at Tesla.com); and 3) any other automaker-manufactured adapter. EVgo prohibits the use of all other adapters (“Unauthorized Adapters”) on EVgo’s network and charging stations, and/or in connection with the Terms and Services identified herein. You understand, accept, and agree to fully comply with these terms. You also agree to accept all liability for any and all loss, harm, or damage experienced by you or any other party caused by your use of Unauthorized Adapters in connection with your use of EVgo’s chargers, network, or the Terms and Services identified herein. Finally, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold EVgo harmless for any damage experienced by any party that is caused by your failure to comply with these terms.

Any Tesla adapters not made by Tesla are not approved for use by EVgo and can cause damage to the EVSE or vehicle.

Yeah, in most of the usa there seem to be enough superchargers that an adapter isn't needed. Here in Quebec (Canada) we're on the fringe. Many areas are not well served and there are only 50kw and 100kw ccs/chademo chargers. Only links between major cities are ok. This is absolutely required, and they've been dragging their feet.

Yeah, in most of the usa there seem to be enough superchargers that an adapter isn't needed. Here in Quebec (Canada) we're on the fringe. Many areas are not well served and there are only 50kw and 100kw ccs/chademo chargers. Only links between major cities are ok. This is absolutely required, and they've been dragging their feet.
someone made a post about getting an official Tesla CCS adaptor from Korea. I'd probably go that route. I have a hard time trusting knockoffs. Many are fine but a lot of them cut corners. We've seen plenty of cheap iPhone chargers catching fire, and that's with 120V/100mA.

Seems like TESPLUS is affiliated with Hannshow, because Paypal payment goes to them.

I also see the CCS1 adapter on Hannshow's site too, but shipping says mid-September based on the estimate
$325 USD seems a little pricy. I paid $309 for one from Tesla Korea that HARUMIO shipped to me.

Tesla should start selling this soon. I don't understand what is the holdup.

In my case I live in the East coast(VA), I had drive from NY to FL and even to IL. never needed the CCS1 so far. I understand the flexibility but I can wait to see the options even if Tesla finally start selling it.
Even if they make a perfect copy in shape, they may cheap out in materials and may use a lower quality mold. For something that passes through 500A or more, that is the worrisome part.

L2 adapters only do 80A max, even the Setec only max at 200A so there is more margin for error.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I put in a PayPal dispute to cancel the TESPLUS charger, they're AFK on all channels. Stay away from TESPLUS at all costs, HAutopart seems to at least respond back. Luckily, I used an Amex with PayPal so it shouldn't be too hard to recover the funds. Meanwhile I'm having mine fulfilled by Harumio now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 11.23.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 11.23.45 AM.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
It's not a replica. It's an OEM Tesla CCS1 Adapter. Someone asked them that question on the product page. Unless they're lying, which I doubt.

Definitely a replica, and shady as hell.

I put in a PayPal dispute to cancel the TESPLUS charger, they're AFK on all channels. Stay away from TESPLUS at all costs, HAutopart seems to at least respond back. Luckily, I used an Amex with PayPal so it shouldn't be too hard to recover the funds. Meanwhile I'm having mine fulfilled by Harumio now.

Tesplus responded to my messages and said it was a third party adapter.

How did you order the adapter from harumio recently when it's out of stock? Was that an order made a while back?

Tesplus responded to my messages and said it was a third party adapter.

How did you order the adapter from harumio recently when it's out of stock? Was that an order made a while back?
You can still place a custom order via the customer order panel. It’s a bit dicey because they want your tesla account credentials to place the order. I think it’s either for verifying you own a Tesla (checking for VIN) and aren’t misusing it for resale or to physically use your account to order it as they may not be able to anymore.

A lot of people have done it through this method. Apparently this is how they did it before Harumio. stocked up on the adapters and started selling it them themselves.

I just use a password mgr, so I reset the pw, removed payment details and turned off mobile access on my car. Once they have the adapter in their facility you can change the pw and lock them out. It is a large amount of trust you’re placing on them, but lots of owners have used this method. I know the risks just making it clear that you DO have to give them your credentials so do at your own risk.

The last post on this thread has feedback from others who’ve used this method. There’s two links with a lot of owners having done it.

this is exactly how i ordered mine a couple months ago

i emailed him my tesla log in account - i kept checking my tesla account and never saw a purchase for the adaptor. i kept emailing harumio but he said it was placed and to wait a couple days for an update. couple days later i get an order and tracking number from him. this was the exact timeframe where he didnt need a tesla account to order.

i guess he's needing a tesla account once again to make the order for you - but like i said earlier in this post - there's a specific country i do not trust and would never order directly from.....KOREA is NOT that country hahaha

order with confidence from Harumio! just temporarily change your password before giving him the info, then switch back to your regular password once you get the confirmation.

Fair enough, I asked TESPLUS Support via email. Will lyk what they have to say. If it's not OEM I'm cancelling that order.
Interested as well as if it is not OEM vie whatever route thye manage, I also want to cancel and think will be going with the a2z for now.

ETA: I went ahead and emailed to cancel my order. I also noticed that they already charged me for it. Typically things don't get charged until they ship. Think will be going the a2z route.

Last edited: