Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

center console concept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CCI is very accomodating

Anxiously awaiting. TWO cup holders and phone mount make this far more practical and desirable than the gorgeous but less functional CCI. Thanks for your hard work.

Using the CCI, you can open the sliding door partially and use that as either another cupholder or even another place to lean your additional electronics. For example, a Galaxy note and even an Ipad mini can fit in it. I find the CCI to be a very versatile solution as it is currently designed. Extremely well thought out.

Yes we are making progress --

PLAN - First one should be completed by next Friday.

PICS - See below

Comments - Fitment is excellent. It slides right in and is built very well and uses the two edges of the dash and armrest to fit right in. So far it looks very promising and very worthwhile

OK Enough with my thoughts let's hear yours....

flyyellow-albums-intconsole-picture20657-intcons2.jpg

flyyellow-albums-intconsole-picture20656-intcons1.jpg

And we shouldn't forget the production line (so y'all know that i'm making more than one...)
flyyellow-albums-intconsole-picture20658-intconsparts.jpg

I have to run now but will post more details later...

I'm happy with the fitment of the console. No screws needed, No velcrow... and is very well positioned the in the car.Layout: it still needs some work. I like the placement of the cupholders and the height of the entire unit feels correct. We still haven't figured out a good storage. So we have some work to go. But it's starting to take shape and I'm happy with it thus far.
Finish - looks like we have a couple options: Top deck - black lacquer or carbon fiber with black, white or tan leather sides. The carbon fiber needs to be matched as does the white leather.
Hope that gives everyone a more complete update. Welcome opinions - the good, the bad, the ugly... it's all good here

I'm definitely interested. I use proclip for my iPhones in my other cars and I was wondering about a fitment for Tesla Model S, so this would be awesome. I have tan leather interior so that's what I would want. I have Lacewood, but I think the black lacquer would be fine. Keep me posted. Thanks.

well went by today to look at the progress. It's coming along (slowly) although it should be ready by early next week. They are awaiting the leather materials to make the first one. They did do the cutouts with a nice angle on them. We looked at the stitching and they are matching the OEM double stitching.

More to come soon.

Went in today to check on the progress of the center console. I didn't think the leather was a good match so we went through and matched the texture. In all honesty the texture of the armrest is different than the dashboard leather and is different from the door panels leather. The guy believed that it was the same leather but stretched differently - which is possible. I opted to match to the dash leather as opposed to the armrest leather. My rationale was that the immediately below leather was the same as dash...

In any case should be done with some pics by Thursday. So stay tuned...