Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console with Rear cupholders installed - 7/18/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are taking a trip Thanksgiving week and I was going to order the console and have it installed before we went. I just came from the Tesla website and it says "This product is currently unavailable for purchase online". Bummer, I need to make a call to the SC and make an appointment to have my scheduled maintenance completed before we go. I was hoping it could be installed at the same time. Does anyone know if they have discontinued the Model S Integrated Console or is Tesla's way of managing backorder is to just stop taking orders until they catch up?

we will be getting our inventory 60S this week which (unfortunately built at the end of August) does NOT have the rear cup holders and USB jacks yet.
Is it possible to just buy the updated rear module and install it in lieu of the older back end?
Thanks
Thomas

So I got the console installed yesterday. Overall I am pretty happy with it, and it seems like really nice quality. My old wood accents fit in it nicely. The rear cup holders work great and the kids really like them. Unfortunately the retrofit version, as I feared, doesn't come with the USB ports in the back. Perhaps I got an earlier version of it, but when I questioned it, the response I got was that they don't have the capacity in the older wiring harness for the rear ports. I think this is a bogus response though, and am pretty disappointed in that. I may have to get an aftermarket USB plug to install back there for the kids , and wire it in myself to the lighter or something.

• Informative
Reactions: markn455
So an update on this. I saw a car without PUP last night, and it too had the rear cup holders and the USB ports.

I also could not tell the difference in terms of materials between a PUP car and a non PUP car. The surfaces appear to be covered in a similar if not the same material (I assume its pleather that looks like leather), the dash is still split, but on the PUP cars its in alcantera, in the non PUP its in pleather. I guess that, the interior LED lighting and power lift gate are the real differences.