TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CF Spoilers being delivered now?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by kinddog, Jan 30, 2013.

1. kinddog

kinddog Banned

Please report here if you have recently taken delivery of a Model S WITH the carbon fiber spoiler.

OR

If you took delivery of the car without one a while ago, but they have recently hooked you up with one.

please include the SIN and I'll get a spreadsheet going. (Spoiler Identification Number)

2. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

We are VIN 532 and originally took delivery of our car November 2nd without the spoiler. We had it installed sometime in December I believe. Can't remember the exact date, but I think it was early December.

3. Shurhold

Shurhold Model S - P#15,582

How is it installed? What do they do to attach it to the car?

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Just the 3M adhesive tape.

5. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Mine came without and after a month I'm not sure if I care or not. The car is awfully nice looking just as it is. I suppose I'll take the CF spoiler when I get it and hold it up to the car and try to decide if I want it or not.

6. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

I believe Tesla has a template they put over the hatch and position the spoiler. There is adhesive on the spoiler so it basically just sticks on. I think there a piece of the covering over the tape that is pulled off first and then you still can move the spoiler around and once you are satisfied with the placement, you pull the rest of the covering off the adhesive tape after the spoiler is in the exact position you want.

I didn't see the process myself, but that was how it was described to me. Sounds fairly simple to do and non invasive to the car. I think you can remove the spoiler by taking some fishing line or something like that and running it underneath the spoiler to cut the adhesive tape. You'd then need to clean off the tacky part of the tape to get it off the rest of the hatch, but I think it probably isn't that difficult.

Then if you put new adhesive tape on a once removed spoiler, you should be able to re-install it fairly easily.

- - - Updated - - -

I was the same way. Had the car for about a month without the spoiler and I thought it looked great, but decided to see what the spoiler would look like. After having the spoiler on for about 2 months, to my eye, it really does add just that extra little bit to the car and I think it looks great. But the Model S looks great with or without the spoiler!

If you do change your mind after getting the spoiler installed, it is very easy to remove.

7. kinddog

kinddog Banned

i'm taking delivery in about a week. my DS said that my "due bill" items are definitely the parcel shelf, and maaaaybe the spoiler. He said it's really random right now. some get it, some don't.

8. TampaLiam

TampaLiam Secret Agent

Saw a white Model S at the Tampa Service Center with a CF spoiler on it on Friday.

9. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

Had my Spoiler installed today as well as my new windshield. Still waiting on the jump seats though.

10. jbherman

jbherman Member

#10 jbherman, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Any updates on this? I can't seem to get any info from TM regarding when to expect CF spoiler and parcel shelf delivery.

------------update-----------------

I heard from my service manager today. Parts are approximately 2 weeks out (at least in my case). He didn't think that the P85 badges would be available that quickly and they're still working on the Ranger/service roll out.

11. kinddog

kinddog Banned

Mine ended up coming with a spoiler...

12. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Got a spoiler with mine. Ready last week. All badging too.

13. Shurhold

Shurhold Model S - P#15,582

No spoiler on mine and no eta.

14. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

No spoiler no badge no HPWC.

15. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

You and me both, carrerascott. I'm beginning to think SOFLauthor will develop spoilers and HPWC's before mine ever comes!

16. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

No spoiler on March 16, either.

17. rkb

rkb Member

same here, no spoiler, Mar 16 delivery

18. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

No spoiler, Jan 18th delivery (Vin #3305) … don't hold your breath

19. Cool-Model S

Cool-Model S Member

VIN 6294 - Took delivery Mar 5th. No spoiler, no parcel, no badge. I like spoiler and badge a lot. No ETA - called TM but no answers.

20. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Gotcha beat - no spoiler, Dec 20th delivery. I'm sure that's not the "record".