Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CF Spoilers being delivered now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please report here if you have recently taken delivery of a Model S WITH the carbon fiber spoiler.

OR

If you took delivery of the car without one a while ago, but they have recently hooked you up with one.

please include the SIN and I'll get a spreadsheet going. (Spoiler Identification Number)

We are VIN 532 and originally took delivery of our car November 2nd without the spoiler. We had it installed sometime in December I believe. Can't remember the exact date, but I think it was early December.

Mine came without and after a month I'm not sure if I care or not. The car is awfully nice looking just as it is. I suppose I'll take the CF spoiler when I get it and hold it up to the car and try to decide if I want it or not.

How is it installed? What do they do to attach it to the car?

I believe Tesla has a template they put over the hatch and position the spoiler. There is adhesive on the spoiler so it basically just sticks on. I think there a piece of the covering over the tape that is pulled off first and then you still can move the spoiler around and once you are satisfied with the placement, you pull the rest of the covering off the adhesive tape after the spoiler is in the exact position you want.

I didn't see the process myself, but that was how it was described to me. Sounds fairly simple to do and non invasive to the car. I think you can remove the spoiler by taking some fishing line or something like that and running it underneath the spoiler to cut the adhesive tape. You'd then need to clean off the tacky part of the tape to get it off the rest of the hatch, but I think it probably isn't that difficult.

Then if you put new adhesive tape on a once removed spoiler, you should be able to re-install it fairly easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine came without and after a month I'm not sure if I care or not. The car is awfully nice looking just as it is. I suppose I'll take the CF spoiler when I get it and hold it up to the car and try to decide if I want it or not.

I was the same way. Had the car for about a month without the spoiler and I thought it looked great, but decided to see what the spoiler would look like. After having the spoiler on for about 2 months, to my eye, it really does add just that extra little bit to the car and I think it looks great. But the Model S looks great with or without the spoiler!

If you do change your mind after getting the spoiler installed, it is very easy to remove.

Any updates on this? I can't seem to get any info from TM regarding when to expect CF spoiler and parcel shelf delivery.

------------update-----------------

I heard from my service manager today. Parts are approximately 2 weeks out (at least in my case). He didn't think that the P85 badges would be available that quickly and they're still working on the Ranger/service roll out.

Last edited: