Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port doesn't open with finger poke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my S for two years now and I remember being able to open the charge port with just a finger poke or slight push. Now I noticed in the past couple of weeks that I'm not longer able to do that. Did this feature get removed/changed? Or is my charge port door acting up? If it's broken, I'd like to notify Tesla about it ASAP, because I'm about to hit my 50K in 75 miles. :(

On mine, the tip charge port door was slightly rubbing against the inside of the well that it sits in. The culprit was the seam along the edge of the reflector material of the door. I took a piece of fine sandpaper and knocked the seam off and it worked great after that.

where is this button/switch located? I couldn't find it. But it was kinda dark outside when I looked
20181108_132432.jpg

I didn't notice that this was for a Model S until I saw the photo. I'm having the issue with a Model 3, but I have found a solution.
There is a small piece of plastic or metal that falls off from the underside of the port door. I'm not sure what this does, but when it falls off, the door cannot be opened manually. People have reported that gluing the piece back in place will fix this issue. Others have had it fixed by the service center. They will install a new door.

I didn't notice that this was for a Model S until I saw the photo. I'm having the issue with a Model 3, but I have found a solution.
There is a small piece of plastic or metal that falls off from the underside of the port door. I'm not sure what this does, but when it falls off, the door cannot be opened manually. People have reported that gluing the piece back in place will fix this issue. Others have had it fixed by the service center. They will install a new door.
Congratulations on your new ride! Yea, you've found yourself in the Model S forum :D
I have seen pics and heard about that issue with the Model 3 Charge Port Door before. I'd definitely give the SC a call and let them know.