Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port Door Needs service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened to me back in May or June as well on my early May delivery car. I stopped by the service center and they glued it back in place (since it just fell out when I went to charge one evening at home). I think I heard from someone that there was an issue with some of the glue used to attach it at the factory so they just used whatever adhesive was prescribed for it. Haven't had an issue since. As long as you don't lose the old one, it would seem that gluing it back in place solves the issue, whether Tesla does that or (in a pinch) you do it yourself. Seems like a pretty minor issue in any case (especially if that's the only thing that goes wrong, and I've not even heard of it happening to anyone else in my area). Still absolutely loving my car four months and almost 7000 miles in...

Mine was delivered two weeks ago with this error, which I noted on the delivery paperwork. My service center is a five hour drive away. Do I need to schedule a repair visit now, or can it wait until a planned trip this spring to visit family living near the service center? I can open the door from the display or using the button on the handle of the mobile connector or supercharger (I've used both). The owner's manual states that I can open the door manually if the door opener fails. The car charges just fine. Other than the annoying alert on the display, is there any reason to not wait until spring to correct this issue?