Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All!

New poster.. long time lurker here. Gearing up to place an order and trying to wrap my head around this rebate. I was talking with someone at Tesla to try and get more details on it but I'm not sure if he really knew exactly how it works. Plain and simple, I don't see the incentive on tesla's website which seems odd. I'm pretty sure they had it during phase 1.

Do I order and then the location I'd take delivery at would process the rebate which would then show up when I went to take delivery of the car? Or does the rebate come after I take delivery?

You have cash as your payment method? That's what I had to do to get it to show September. Or maybe It was a coincidence.

I know it’s odd but did the same and EDD is eventually updated. And I financed and just let Tesla transfer my old interest rate to my new vehicle right after I cancelled my May order and it was 1.99%. I am planning to work with other credit unions going forward and let Tesla match the interest rate again in September. :)

Hey All!

New poster.. long time lurker here. Gearing up to place an order and trying to wrap my head around this rebate. I was talking with someone at Tesla to try and get more details on it but I'm not sure if he really knew exactly how it works. Plain and simple, I don't see the incentive on tesla's website which seems odd. I'm pretty sure they had it during phase 1.

Do I order and then the location I'd take delivery at would process the rebate which would then show up when I went to take delivery of the car? Or does the rebate come after I take delivery?

You can check site below to see if your Tesla dealership is eligible for the rebate.

Per my SA, final invoice will reflect the EV rebate and most likely for us it will be $2,000.

Looks like the Model Y LR is sold out for Q3 already. Might be a long wait for new orders.

I got VIN assigned today 233xxx with edd:

July 20 - July 26​

No mvpa yet

Ordered May 7 red+Base
Put on hold till June 1 (for rebate)
June 5 assigned vin 209xxx with edd june 16
Unassigned vin n on hold till july 1
Removed hold on june 26 + added tradein
Edd was showing dates in range of 2-4 weeks
Got VIN today
Congrats! Did you quantify for the rebate?

Looks like the Model Y LR is sold out for Q3 already. Might be a long wait for new orders.

Yea, saw that! Good thing I don't need my Tesla until late October (Q4) but I feel for those who want/need one sooner!

delivery scheduled for July 21st @ 6 PM :) VIN 229XXX

I have called and asked if they can recreate my order so that I can get the incentive. I was told that management is making the decision this afternoon if they can create new orders and move the VIN over... I would only save $400 so at this point I really dont care but still would like the $400 if I could have it...

delivery scheduled for July 21st @ 6 PM :) VIN 229XXX

I have called and asked if they can recreate my order so that I can get the incentive. I was told that management is making the decision this afternoon if they can create new orders and move the VIN over... I would only save $400 so at this point I really dont care but still would like the $400 if I could have it...
Do follow up and let us know what they say

I wonder what VIN the biohazard filter starts with? I heard it was included in some July builds but not sure about June.

I was wondering the same as well. It would be interesting to see if folks with late July deliveries have this feature in their MY, but I'm actually hoping the MY has the larger 82kw (?) battery pack.

Sorry for the out-of-scope question, and this may be old news, but do all new MY's include Heated steering wheel and a USB key in the glovebox for storing Sentry videos? In my free time I've downloaded the MY Owner's Manual and just reading it front to back to learn about it in advance.

Sorry for the out-of-scope question, and this may be old news, but do all new MY's include Heated steering wheel and a USB key in the glovebox for storing Sentry videos? In my free time I've downloaded the MY Owner's Manual and just reading it front to back to learn about it in advance.
Yes, it's my understanding the current MYs LR & performance models being delivered have heated steering wheels and the sentry mode usb connection in the glove box. If you happen to have the unicorn MY SR+, then I'm not sure if the heated steering wheel was an option.

• Helpful
Reactions: Trip McNealy
does anyone know what VIN numbers were made in July? I am assuming mine is a early July build since it is literally still being driven from Cali...
what is your VIN?

This is the best info I could fine relating VIN to build date.

what is your VIN?

This is the best info I could fine relating VIN to build date.

VIN 229XXX