Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People are going nuts on FB like its anything we didn't know. It was budgeted for 10 years, 2 years ago. Nothing happened other than the state budget was approved.

Still no start date, no formal amounts, soft caps etc. Typical government work.....

Reactions: ParkinNJ
Exactly, the real data points for the rebate are still unclear ... 'summer 2021' whenever that is and weather the $5K max rebate can apply to EVs between $45K - $55K.
there was a meeting
What exactly is the budget for this program in the upcoming phase 2? I'm fairly sure I saw that the budget was cut significantly, which means it could run out far faster than last year.
last year they spent 36.5 million and actual budget is 30 million a year for every year going forward. By the way they do not owe us anything it is taxpayer's money that we are able to spent on our cars so i am thankful for whatever i get.

Also there was a meeting 2 days ago and they are encouraging Dealers to register. Dealers could have registered as soon as June 16th and based on 3 weeks verbiage i think we are looking @ 5th or 6th July as launch date. Please take it with grain of salt as this is my educated guess based on few bits i am able to assemble.

Here is excerpt from today's Order:
1624584769291.png

Here is a Model Y window sticker showing the MSRP of $39,990 (exclusive of accessories and "packages". Therefore, the Model Y would seem to fall under the 45k$ cap.

1624584904814.png

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Well, on a possibly positive note, just saw a Youtuber (Bearded Tesla Guy) show that his recent MY may actually come with a 82kw battery pack vs the previous 78kw pack. If that's true for current MYs, its a slight consolation ... but I still want the $5K rebate. lol

Reactions: 1cruise@atime
Rather than wait for politicians, which we all know can be forever and a losing prop, ordering a Tesla Charger on July 1.
If it qualifies, great. If not, then no more waiting for politicians for our family as life is just too short. And as noted here, some price increases just kill off any benefit of NJ programs, a move again to the detriment of the consumer.

Would be a nice surprise if the LR is considered a package and not part of the base MSRP. Time will tell. What time? No idea, the vague "summer" gives no guidance. Just hoping it is before my car is scheduled (july27-aug16) to arrive.
unfortunately, according to the Order, "Based on stakeholder feedback, the filing clarified that Vehicles ordered in advance of Phase Two, Point-of-Sale Program, launch will not be eligible for an incentive."

Rather than wait for politicians, which we all know can be forever and a losing prop, ordering a Tesla Charger on July 1.
If it qualifies, great. If not, then no more waiting for politicians for our family as life is just too short. And as noted here, some price increases just kill off any benefit of NJ programs, a move again to the detriment of the consumer.
Even at half off, I think I am sticking with 14-50 to mobile charger. But I am with you.

I think the key part is whether or not the Long-Range Dual Motor AWD counts towards the $39,990 base price
In the compliance filing, it says "The MSRP cap will include all line items on the purchase or lease agreement, except destination and delivery charges, tax, registration fees, title fees, and documentation fees."

Reactions: streetskooler
Looks like they haven't changed the max $2K rebate limit for vehicles between the $45K-$55K range. Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm willing to go through the hassle of canceling and re-ordering for only a $1K rebate since I ordered prior to the last 2, $500 price jumps.