Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to Tesla local dealer shops in NJ. Their recommendation is you can go ahead and order online. As long as booking date is today or later, you don't have an issue. Before picking up your Car, when you are making the full payment the incentive would be applied on the final figure automatically. You really have to do nothing from your end. Hope this helps.
So just to clarify, I order online, and the pickup will be set to Springfield, and the rebate will be applied when I pick it up?

Also if I choose the blue paint that brings the price to $54,990 there is no tax in NJ so the only other price included is the $1200 and the registration cost. Will that make it not eligible since it will be over the 55K or do they only count the price of the car?
No. The registration etc fees don't count. My MSRP back in august was 54,990. I had to write a check for 56,570.85 at delivery. Got my 5K without any problem (other than the wait).

I just cancelled the order I made on July 1st for my Model Y. I had already got a credit pull and finances lined up with Tesla. Would they do another hard pull by mistake if I order again? I'm hoping the first credit application will just automatically apply to this second order.

I just cancelled the order I made on July 1st for my Model Y. I had already got a credit pull and finances lined up with Tesla. Would they do another hard pull by mistake if I order again? I'm hoping the first credit application will just automatically apply to this second order.
I had to redo it but the approval was instant. Usually you have a 30 day window where you can do different but similar type credit inquiries (ie, multiple banks for an auto loan) while shopping without it hitting you.

I had to redo it but the approval was instant. Usually you have a 30 day window where you can do different but similar type credit inquiries (ie, multiple banks for an auto loan) while shopping without it hitting you.
I just spoke to a rep, and he said i should email the financial team just incase so they can link my old order with new order so they don’t pull credit again. Definitely don’t want two consecutive credit pulls for no reason.

Why did you apply for financing so early? The rep that was on the phone with me when I ordered online told me do not apply for financing until August since delivery is September. He said because you have 30 days which would be basically the beginning of August. So they will need to run your credit again in August.

The max $5K rebate incentive is for EV with MSRP up to $45K. EVs with MSRP between $45K and $55K have a max rebate incentive of only $2K. So, any MY will have only a $2K incentive. Several of us have MY on order prior to the consecutive price increases so it becomes a wash.

Spoke to a rep from NJBPU. Asked about the following “ Vehicles ordered, purchased, or leased prior to the incentive’s effective date are not eligible for an incentive. For the purposes of the incentive, the vehicle transaction date is the date that the vehicle is delivered and the contract is fully executed. The rep said that delivery and contract “FULLY” executed is the date they will go by. Also spoke to my Rep in Springfield. He said The NJ finance team is working with NJBPU on exactly how this works since Tesla is the one giving the discount on to be reimbursed by NJBPU.

Spoke to a rep from NJBPU. Asked about the following “ Vehicles ordered, purchased, or leased prior to the incentive’s effective date are not eligible for an incentive. For the purposes of the incentive, the vehicle transaction date is the date that the vehicle is delivered and the contract is fully executed. The rep said that delivery and contract “FULLY” executed is the date they will go by. Also spoke to my Rep in Springfield. He said The NJ finance team is working with NJBPU on exactly how this works since Tesla is the one giving the discount on to be reimbursed by NJBPU.
So, as long as you take delivery after 7/6/2021, you're eligible for the rebate incentive? That would be great news.

Reactions: veriojon