Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That what my has. For order accepted by it has the date I ordered. All other dates are the delivery date.
Thanks for clarifying you two. I suspected as much, and it seems like some firsthand accounts from people who've gone through the purchase process does confirm that the order date does manifest itself on your purchase agreement in some form.

Altough, I agree with your points. The information you are providing is a 100% accurate, it is a copy and paste from the website. Altough my video is also from the source itself. I am thinking that the words they are using are very generalized towards all cars. They dont specifically target Tesla's Made-To-Order system. Here is an example "Order Agreement" not "Purchase Agreement" that the incentive requires. This is the only document that specifies the "Order Date" but that is not what dealers are supposed to upload as it doesnt have relevant information for them. All we can do is wait a little longer and see, more information is needed from more experienced folks at Tesla and the people giving the incentive. The folks telling you to Re-order from tesla are just regular Customer Service employees that just saw one line of the website and said the same thing you saw. Id wait couple more days before cancelling to get more information from dealer managers etc, those people that actually enrolled in this program. Again, there is just so much conflicting information on the table, for example im leasing... and one Tesla dealer says you dont get incentive for leasing and one dealers says you do... I mean... the website says you do... Who the heck knows at this point. I just wish they were more clear and transparent even to dealers who are themselves confused.
I think it's fair that most of the verbiage speaks to the purchase date and not the order date; I think the caveats they account for in referencing the order date really are an afterthought put in for people like us, which in the lifetime of this program are going to be a very small percentage of edge-case participants. Realistically the window where you can place your order before the program launch and receive your vehicle after is maybe a few months, and some percentage of those consumers might not even know or care (especially in the 2k incentive bracket). For orders from now on, this isn't something they'll even have to think about.

For what it's worth, I'd love to see someone stick it out and report back that it worked out for them; I don't enjoy the conclusion that I came to myself. Ultimately, it was just a judgement call, and I made it early to get my order in ASAP; I wanted to wait for the definitive date but not a second longer than I had to. As you said, we might start seeing real life examples of people picking up their cars in the upcoming weeks, so I wish anyone who sticks it out good luck.

Quick question - if I order today : model 3, am I sure to get the rebate of $5K if MSRP is under $45K?
Someone said Yes, but I called Tesla and they said you need to take delivery before the funds run out to claim the rebate...so from what I understand even if you order today, you have to hope the funds are still available by the time its delivery day...

That's a good point; the program website appears to have a dashboard showing remaining funds. Interesting that $7M (23%) has already been utilized; I presume that was used to payout the remaining Phase 1 participants (?).

Attachments

• 1625665436498.png
    1625665436498.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
My order date for MY was May 2020. I've delayed it a number of times for the $5,000 rebate last year, and the build qualities and the rumors over coming heated steering wheel, better glass, etc. I tried to resume it when Dec 2020 ChargeUp deadline was approaching and missed that cutoff. My thoughts: spend $100 to re-order after July 6th start date. Order form shows a RN#, not a Vin, which comes later. When original order VIN gets issued, have Tesla link it to new RN order # rather than old. There is no linkage between RN & VIN as RN is simply an internal Tesla reservation number. Spend $100 to ensure one gets the $2000 or $5,000 POS rebate

I swear to G*d if these funds run out prior to my delivery later this Fall..... LOL
Count on it. How could 25% of the money already be gone from the $30mm when the program just started a day ago.
If you waited for just the last 3 months, price of MY had gone up more than the rebate. Why did they chose 45K-55K? Why not $35K? What a joke.
AND you have no MY. As yet another case of Trenton and the BPU not helping NJ citizens.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
My order date for MY was May 2020. I've delayed it a number of times for the $5,000 rebate last year, and the build qualities and the rumors over coming heated steering wheel, better glass, etc. I tried to resume it when Dec 2020 ChargeUp deadline was approaching and missed that cutoff. My thoughts: spend $100 to re-order after July 6th start date. Order form shows a RN#, not a Vin, which comes later. When original order VIN gets issued, have Tesla link it to new RN order # rather than old. There is no linkage between RN & VIN as RN is simply an internal Tesla reservation number. Spend $100 to ensure one gets the $2000 or $5,000 POS rebate
Just to be clear it goes to people that ordered on July 6 2021 as well. The wording saying after July 6 made me nervous lol

Just to be clear it goes to people that ordered on July 6 2021 as well. The wording saying after July 6 made me nervous lol
"Agree that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of-Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a participating dealership or showroom."

Yeah, July 6th is all clear :)

I placed an online order on July 6th and chose Paramus as delivery location. I didn't realize Paramus is not one of the listed eligible dealership in the NJ clean energy website.... Should I cancel and reorder ?
I spoke to a rep yesterday. Location should not matter but you can always modify delivery location later. Try calling Tesla and request to switch your location to Springfield which is listed.

I talked to Tesla local dealer shops in NJ. Their recommendation is you can go ahead and order online. As long as booking date is today or later, you don't have an issue. Before picking up your Car, when you are making the full payment the incentive would be applied on the final figure automatically. You really have to do nothing from your end. Hope this helps.
I placed my order yesterday and spoke (via text) with the Princeton location, and was told the same.

For anyone curious about modifying your order and incentive eligibility:

I placed initial order in mid June. Called Tesla Springfield yesterday and asked them to modify the wheels on my order. Today I just got confirmation of the order modification, which changed my order agreement order date to 7/7, so now I should eligible for the incentive.