Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just need to vent. Tesla finally provided answer why my order did not have 2k rebate. I ordered on 7/6 12:16 am EST and in their system it’s processed as 7/5. They refuse to acknowledge that I should qualify for the rebate and said I placed order on 7/5. My delivery is scheduled for 10/27 and now I have 0 joy for getting this MY. Do you guys know anyone in Tesla or in NJ rebate state program that I can reach out and escalate to?

I just need to vent. Tesla finally provided answer why my order did not have 2k rebate. I ordered on 7/6 12:16 am EST and in their system it’s processed as 7/5. They refuse to acknowledge that I should qualify for the rebate and said I placed order on 7/5. My delivery is scheduled for 10/27 and now I have 0 joy for getting this MY. Do you guys know anyone in Tesla or in NJ rebate state program that I can reach out and escalate to?
That stinks! I guess they go by California time, but really it should be based on your local time. When you ordered in your time zone it was 7/6. Was it a Y? At least you got a lower price.

Thanks for letting me know, then I should wait for the 2022 model year?
You have to make that decision. There are so many unknowns. Would Tesla increase price even further due to inflation? Model 3 SR+ used to be 37k, now it's 44k. I bought mine end of last year at 38k, now it's 44k, so even with the rebate, I'd still be paying more.

Also, the federal tax credit, no one know what the impacts are.

To get the most out of the tax credits and rebates, you may not be buying a tesla at that point.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Just got a VIN assigned to me this morning it seems (MY White Gemini)

Order is reflecting -$2k for the rebate now. EDD is mid-November..wondering if its worth trying to delay to 2022 just to maybe sneak in for the federal if its retroactive at least for 22'? Any word if you had the NJ rebate reserved and reflected now, would it still be so in the new year?

Order is reflecting -$2k for the rebate now. EDD is mid-November..wondering if its worth trying to delay to 2022 just to maybe sneak in for the federal if its retroactive at least for 22'? Any word if you had the NJ rebate reserved and reflected now, would it still be so in the new year?
NJ has already ended the rebate for this fiscal year, so it wouldn't be available again until the new one, after 7/1/2022, presumably. You can certainly roll the dice, but with the lack of progress at the Federal level, and uncertainty about whether NJ will re-up for the next FY, you could end up with a higher MY price and no rebates at all. Between the $2k and no sales tax, if it were me, I'd go ahead and get the car now. As it is, I missed out on the previous NJ rebate but still saved over $3k in sales tax.

i gave up the VIN and put my order on hold. SA said he cannot put it to Jan 22 as it pass the limit and the order may get cancel. my order is from 9/14. let see the vote and decide what to do. I cannot leave $8k on the table. My goal is have a cheap commute car. $8k is a lot

Reactions: hlin07

Anyone counting on Federal rebate read post #469 and few other posts around that to shed more light as what was passed in Finance Subcommitte. I didn't qualify for NJ rebate but waiting on federal which they agreed to include in budget reconciliation and hopefully keep purchase date after 5/24/2021 which approved in Finance Subcommittee to qualify: Budget Reconciliation and EV credit. We have to wait and see what date they agree when budget passes.

Anyone counting on Federal rebate read post #469 and few other posts around that to shed more light as what was passed in Finance Subcommitte. I didn't qualify for NJ rebate but waiting on federal which they agreed to include in budget reconciliation and hopefully keep purchase date after 5/24/2021 which approved in Finance Subcommittee to qualify: Budget Reconciliation and EV credit. We have to wait and see what date they agree when budget passes.
It's extremely unlikely that it would be retroactive to 5/24/2021. That was the language in the Senate version and that's not what remained. The House version is what remains, and that takes effect in 1/1/2022