Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Percentage

• 91-100%

• 81-90%

• 71-80%

• 61-70%

• 51-60%

• 50% flat

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to get some numbers to see what everyone charges to! Vote to see what everyone is doing!

My bets are on the widely 'unofficial' recommended 50-70% range, yet regardless not all feel this way, so let's see!

Personally, I charge to 70% every night so I'll be at about 40-50% when I get home. Maybe one 85% charge each week from my local supercharger.

Although I've read some battery deep battery discharge and range charge cycles out of 'Happy range' is good to do every two or three months to keep in balance.

Don't worry. This isn't ANOTHER perfect battery care discussion thread. Just a general poll!!

BUT any positive tips you use for your are welcome!

I'm using my S as a daily commuter vehicle as much as possible. My daily commute is 190 miles round trip. Yep, no mistype here. 190 RT. Even though I had my 60D upgraded to 75D before it was purchased from it's original owner, it appears a 100% charge only yields a projected range of 239 miles, not the EPA predicted 257.

Currently only able to charge at 12A at home so a daily trip to a SC (usually Berlin VT) is now part of the commute. I have been charging to 95% at the SC.

I don't know where the OP conjured up the fact that the recommended charging level is 50-70%. most people regard 90% as the upper limit for regular daily charging based on usage. the only time I allow the car to fall to a low SOC is when it is being driven down to that level and then I charge ASAP to bring it right back up to at least 90%

I don't know where the OP conjured up the fact that the recommended charging level is 50-70%. most people regard 90% as the upper limit for regular daily charging based on usage. the only time I allow the car to fall to a low SOC is when it is being driven down to that level and then I charge ASAP to bring it right back up to at least 90%
There were some (unconfirmed comments to my knowledge - I never watched the video on this link) from one of Tesla's people that 50-70% is truly the happiest place. 90% is only very minimally "worse" on the battery.

Tesla Battery Expert's Recommendation For Maximum Battery Life - Video